IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Today USAC Midgets @ Lawrenceburg
6/16/13, 1:06 PM   #31
Re: Today USAC Midgets @ Lawrenceburg
smith19

shane I've seen the video of that track and you are right on. surprised you had any teeth left...

6/16/13, 1:29 PM   #32
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
I don't see where anyone described the track as dry slick (which it most certainly was not) but those who insist it was not dusty must have been somewhere else/ and I don't appreciate the tone of some of the responses (i.e. "johnnythunderhead and the likes"!); I assure you i'm not an ogre, but it appears as though some people cannot deal with constructive criticism and do not comprehend the concept of trying to make an already excellent track even better (there is always room for improvement)! and since when does a devout fan not have a right to express his opinions and concerns without being ripped on?

Posted via Mobile Device
Im not ripping but What is a cushion? Rolled up wads of clay with the dust blown off the rubber mixed in. When I got there yesterday I honestly though the track looked a little Sandy then Dave Brought out the Big Yellow Truck and blasted with another couple laps of heavy watering about 4pm. They spent the next two hours trying to work that in, Got started 20 minutes late (Which I'd rather have than a slick track) and the racing was great.

I don't know what you can do about cars running over the cushion with a wall right next to it. That dirt has nowhere to go but up and out. I suppose you could mist the cushion beforehand but every track that has a wall is going gets that dirt blown against the wall and and out.

At least we all saw great racing and IMHO you were right, The rut seemed to bother the sprints much more than the midgets although a few of them hit it as well.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/16/13 at 1:31 PM.

2 members like this post: FishBurger, Xflagman
6/16/13, 1:36 PM   #33
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks everyone involved in a great night of racing! I thought the heats were outstanding and the features were unbelievable. Midgets sure did put on a heck of a show! Thanks again to all of you!
p.s. have to get there early to see the tractor show! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Dave Rudisell; 6/16/13 at 1:37 PM.

5 members like this post: FishBurger, mowerman, Mud Packer, RichH, Tim Watson
6/16/13, 2:05 PM   #34
JETFXR

That Track was dead on perfect Man you talk about guys up on the wheel,you had to hit your spots perfect.It was worth the price of admission just to see Rico in the feature,Man I felt bad for him.Just a racing thing.Great work all the way around on track prep and moving the show along..Bob Sell

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, mowerman, Ricks Pics
6/16/13, 9:33 PM   #35
SprintManDave

Does anyone have the results of the Sprintcar feature?

6/16/13, 10:08 PM   #36
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintManDave View Post
Dave,

There are partial results and a story on their website.

6/16/13, 10:14 PM   #37
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Finish Start Car Driver Hometown Race Points
1 2 30 Cj Leary Greenfield , In 150.00
2 9 56 Christopher Bell Norman , Ok 140.00
3 3 17B Dave Darland Lincoln , In 130.00
4 6 98 Chad Boespflug Hanford , Ca 120.00
5 5 23C Tyler Courtney Indianapolis , In 110.00
6 12 39W Levi Jones Olney , Il 105.00
7 4 5J Joss Moffatt Columbus , In 100.00
8 11 12 Ted Hines Indianapolis , In 95.00
9 14 9H Logan Hupp Columbus , In 90.00
10 17 9P Parker Price-miller Kokomo , In 85.00
11 10 09 Jr Douglas North Vernon, In 80.00
12 1 77G Dalton Gabbard Peoria , Az 75.00
13 7 51G Todd Gnat Vandalia , Oh 70.00
14 20 29 Logan Jarrett Kokomo , In 65.00
15 18 74 Jt Stapp Greensburg , In 60.00
16 15 04 Drew Abel Columbus , In 55.00
17 16 6RR Joe Liguori Tampa , Fl 50.00
18 19 44P Ryan Pace Brownsburg , In 45.00
19 13 WEE3 Conner Donelson Kokomo , In 40.00
20 8 40 Gary Taylor Gatortail , La 35.00

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: racegal, RichH, ronmil, SPRINTCAR, SprintManDave
6/16/13, 10:33 PM   #38
johnnythunderhead
Banned

as far as repairing the holes in the track goes, I doubt they'd need to purchase clay, just rearrange it/ the track surface appears to be similar to the soil in my back yard, which is about like modeling clay (stick a shovel in it while its wet and it'll devour the blade, you'll be lucky to be able to pull it out before things dry up) that might be another reason for the excellent racing the burg has always provided!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 6/16/13 at 10:38 PM.

6/16/13, 10:46 PM   #39
SprintManDave

Thanks for the results Bill.

6/17/13, 11:02 AM   #40
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Leary wins second feature of year!

CJ Leary passed Dave Darland on a restart and went on to win for the second time in 2013. Dalton Gabbard would start from the pole in his first time at The Burg. He would struggle from the start anf lose the lead going into turn 1 allowing several cars to get around him as Gabbard sailed high and almost hit the wall. Leary and Darland would pull away and race for a few laps for the lead. Eventually, Darland was able to pull away by a few car lengths. Darland and Leary would pace the field until a caution flew for Joe Liguori spinning out in turn 4. On the following restart, Darland hit a rough spot on the track causing him to jump the cushion and lose the lead. The Red flag came out on the same lap for Ryan Pace and Conner Donnelson. Both drivers were ok. That put Darland back in the league, but once again, on the restart, Darland again, jumped the cushion and lost the lead to Leary. Leary would only have to contend with Christopher Bell who would charge his way to the front but would run out of time in trying to make a move around Leary. Leary would win for the third time in his career at The Burg. The rest of the top five were Bell, Darland, Chad Boespflug, and Tyler Courtney. Heat race winners were Leary, Courtney, Chad Boespflug, and Gary Taylor. Parker Price-Miller won the B main. Ted Hines is the point leader for the Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprint Cars by 5 points over CJ Leary. The Sprint Cars return to the Burg on Saturday July 6th.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: FishBurger, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Today USAC Midgets @ Lawrenceburg