IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
5/27/10, 8:30 AM   #121
Re: R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
Seadog

What a punch in the gut. This is so unbelievable. A good kid and a good driver. Sympathy to his family.

5/27/10, 8:40 AM   #122
Pitpass

the rocket.jpg

5 members like this post: DangOHarp, Drtchsr, IndyBound, Jimmydiesel, TeamCGR
5/27/10, 8:44 AM   #123
Jim Halpert

The Throttle, The Gasser, Stomp and Steer, The People's Champion, The Demon, Coondog...the list is endless, but it won't ever be the same without "The Rocket." You left us far too soon Jesse, give 'em hell on the dirt tracks in heaven.

5/27/10, 10:00 AM   #124
38DD

Rip!!

5/27/10, 10:06 AM   #125
TeamCGR

We got to know Jesse over the last couple of years since we raced with him on numerous occasions around the country. It was 2 years ago that is most memorable for us. We were racing the TNT Tour when Jesse had run out of Tear Offs. No one had any to fit his style Helmet. He walked into our trailer with his Helmet and I recognized that style immediately. Coleman had worn that type of Helmet the year before and I had a pile of Racing Optic Tear Off's. I couldn't get them to him quick enough. It was a really muddy night so Jesse came back again, almost apologetic. I said, "Are you kidding me"? I handed him the stack and said, "Any time Rocket". From that point on, he seemed to always find Coleman or me and make sure we knew if we needed anything...

Perhaps one of the biggest compliments Coleman ever received came from Jesse's Mother. After spending some time together on the road during TNT, Jesse's Mom told Jill, Coleman's mom, that "Coleman reminds me so much of Jesse at that age; quiet and polite". Now that's a compliment.

Coleman is a pretty reserved guy; hence the nickname Iceman. But when I spoke with him last night about the incident, it was very emotional. He had just lost one of the guys that he loved to race with and one that he looked up to as much as anyone.

It is a sad day for all of us. But a true tribute is this: Look at the response Jesse is getting from around the World. I think all of us could only hope we had this much impact on someones life. It is amazing.

Our hearts hurt today for the Hockett's. But we are so grateful that we got to know Jesse. Thanks Rocket..

CGR.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

5/27/10, 10:10 AM   #126
RWMotorsports

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jesse's family and friends. It is clear by the out pouring of of support here that he was truly a well loved member of this community.

5/27/10, 11:00 AM   #127

Man what is it about this time of year. Was not a a big fan, but he was the type of driver you always kept your eye on. When everyone else was running nose to tail he was the type that would try to make something happen. Probablly hurt more than it helped, but at least the kid was tring! The racing world lost a very good driver. Thouts and prayers are with the family. RIP

5/27/10, 11:20 AM   #128
bandres21

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 46

on tuesday afternoon i lost my uncle al,my best racing buddy.he infected me with this racing disease some 40 odd years ago.when i got back last night after taking care of all the things you do in these situations i logged onto iow and saw this.jesse was one of my and my uncles favorites.rest in peace jesse.

5/27/10, 11:21 AM   #129
hoosierboy05

Sad news for sure. It was an honor to be able to see him drive a sprint car, wingless or winged. One of the nicest guys you could have met. God Speed Jesse, you will be missed greatly and everyone will miss watching you driving a car.

5/27/10, 11:53 AM   #130
Scott Benic

R I P Jesse. From the young scared young man I met 8 years ago at PRI to the "Standup in the seat Gasser" you became, I feel honored to have known you and proud to have witnessed alot of your accomplishments, on and off the track. We will miss you. May God be with everyone at VKCC and all of your family.
From the Benic family,Benic Enterprises and 2B Racing

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett