IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weekend forecast March 29-30
3/26/19, 3:37 PM   #1
Weekend forecast March 29-30
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

I have had a few racers call me and said if they call the burg early enough they would head to Florida...if you can't make it it is Live PPV.... https://iframe.dacast.com/b/118195/p/266520

Lawrenceburg, IN forecast

FRI
MAR 29
Rain
62°54°
80%
SSW 10 mph

SAT
MAR 30
Thunderstorms
58°32°
100%
SW 15 mph

Milton, Fl.
THU
MAR 28
Mostly Sunny
73°48°
0%
ESE 8 mph

FRI
MAR 29
Mostly Sunny
75°55°
0%
SE 10 mph

SAT
MAR 30
Sunny
76°58°
0%
SSE 11 mph

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

3/26/19, 3:57 PM   #2
Re: Weekend forecast March 29-30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Why would you do this?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/26/19 at 3:58 PM.

3/26/19, 4:22 PM   #3
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Why would you do this?
I hope the forecast changes Charles for all the racers and fans up there but if it does not than the racers have an option...but like 2 racers said...they (USAC) will wait until Sat. am...inclement weather is bad for the track, series and fans...also I put the PPV if you want to watch if it goes by way of the "R" word

3/26/19, 4:44 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

First, I respect all promoters who do what they can to have racing and a race.

I don't think you were intentionally trying too, But Appearance wise this looks like your trying to undercut someone else. *Posting both forecast.*

I remember a few years ago two indiana tracks did this to each other and it left a lot of hard feelings. Also other tracks naming their race by the same name after working years to establish it's uniqueness.

I'll leave it with, I hope we both race. OK? Our forecast has improved by 50% since you posted it.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/26/19 at 4:58 PM.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, mc/rider, PIT CART, Sandy Lowe
3/26/19, 7:38 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Wayne, I have always had an appreciation for what you try to do, but this confuses me. Are you trying to develop racing in Florida, and the south, at a grass roots level, or are you trying to get existing teams that travel to race in the south? The fact that you are trying to recruit teams from another event, tells me you are worried about your car count. Good luck to you, and hopefully you can build a good deal. I would think the fuel bill and time on the road would prohibit a lot of northern teams from competing. If I raced in your series this would make me happy to not have to compete against more experienced teams.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd
3/26/19, 7:52 PM   #6
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Wayne, I have always had an appreciation for what you try to do, but this confuses me. Are you trying to develop racing in Florida, and the south, at a grass roots level, or are you trying to get existing teams that travel to race in the south? The fact that you are trying to recruit teams from another event, tells me you are worried about your car count. Good luck to you, and hopefully you can build a good deal. I would think the fuel bill and time on the road would prohibit a lot of northern teams from competing. If I raced in your series this would make me happy to not have to compete against more experienced teams.
Brent like I told Chuck privately I dont think he is trying to poach drivers from the Burg, if they race then I imagine that the midwest drivers will go there. I took it as if USAC calls it before Saturday then his race is an option if you want to haul all the way down there.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/26/19, 7:55 PM   #7
7horse
Banned

I actually agree with Charles on this post, why would anyone post something like this, obviously the weather can change, they have been pretty bad at predicting the weather around here for the past two weeks

3/26/19, 8:06 PM   #8
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Brent like I told Chuck privately I dont think he is trying to poach drivers from the Burg, if they race then I imagine that the midwest drivers will go there. I took it as if USAC calls it before Saturday then his race is an option if you want to haul all the way down there.
That is exactly what I was saying... 4 race teams had already called me because they wanted to know if anyone would be "locked in" from Friday night's show....they are not...2 complete shows and I wanted all the great fans in Indiana if they get "R'ed Out" they can still catch live PPV from down here

By NO MEANS was I trying to undermine the best damn racing in the world!!

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, interpreter66, superstock30
3/26/19, 8:08 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

I meant no ill will towards anyone. Just didn't think it was right to compare forecast. There are some teams like Andretti and maybe some OK teams that will consider heading one way or the other.

Like I said, Our forecast has improved a ton, Still iffy but I've seen lines of showers get within five miles of a track and never hit it.

And I truly hope both get in and are successful. And yes, If we don't get in, I'll be sure to watch yours, Good luck.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, ROSCO, Wayne Davis
3/26/19, 8:19 PM   #10
Big Game Hunter
Rookie Member

Let's just hope that the weather is not going to be a disaster this weekend !

3 members like this post: PIT CART, racefan20, ROSCO
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weekend forecast March 29-30