IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Gregg (Offline)
  #1 9/19/13 12:22 PM
The Truex #56 Toyota is without a sponsor.

I'd love to see the NAPA money go to JJ Yeley and Tommy Baldwin Racing. Better yet NAPA, come to USAC.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ascar/2836609/
6 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, Midget 89, Mud Packer, speed bump
JstAbvVMC (Offline)
  #2 9/19/13 12:58 PM
I'm headed to Napa to buy me some parts and thank them for dumping that moron "Mikey"....
12 Likes: Bostonian, Gregg, jim goerge, JordanBlanton, larsonfan, mowerman, nailer, Panama, PJ Wright, speed bump, Speedwrench, team3521
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #3 9/19/13 1:33 PM
I can only hope the networks now drop him as a commentator. That would make ME happy.
17 Likes: Bostonian, FALCONEDDIE, griffithracing, jerrydt, jim goerge, Jonr, larsonfan, Midget 89, mowerman, Mud Packer, nailer, Panama, PIT CART, PJ Wright, speed bump, Speedwrench, spicoli
har59 (Offline)
  #4 9/19/13 5:37 PM
Alot of the crapcar lovers r dragging napa through the mud over this calling for a boycott.... all mwr did was call a driver into the pits, right wink wink...
McInturff Racing (Offline)
  #5 9/19/13 7:05 PM
Not to mention Nationwide pulling out their series sponsorship as well as Army and Office Depot pulling out from Stewart-Haas. You have to wonder how much of this is "business as usual" and how much of it is related to the recent controversy. Will be interesting to see what Sprint does in 2014 at this point.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 9/19/13 7:52 PM
Whole things went to crap since the Chase was Created and Helton at the helm.
Hate to say it but its true.

Charles Nungester
jmo8 (Offline)
  #7 9/19/13 8:11 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Whole things went to crap since the Chase was Created and Helton at the helm.
Hate to say it but its true.
More like it went to crap when Obama took the helm. In today's economy, how can any of these companies justify spending multi-millions to put their name on a hood. Plus, these companies are looking to the uncertain future ..... Obamacare is right around the corner.

The grandstands are half full, not because of the chase, but who can afford to pay for a weekend at a NASCAR race these days.

I think it pretty obvious, the current economy is hurting every level of racing.
ScottShot (Offline)
  #8 9/19/13 8:16 PM
You have hit the nail on it's head....
griffithracing (Offline)
  #9 9/19/13 8:55 PM
Usac National Sprint Cars presented by NAPA!!!
2 Likes: davidm, speed bump
Shawn (Offline)
  #10 9/19/13 9:11 PM
Originally Posted by McInturff Racing:
Not to mention Nationwide pulling out their series sponsorship as well as Army and Office Depot pulling out from Stewart-Haas. You have to wonder how much of this is "business as usual" and how much of it is related to the recent controversy. Will be interesting to see what Sprint does in 2014 at this point.
Nationwide isn't leaving the sport, at all. In fact, they're expanding sponsorship. They plan to be the official insurance of NASCAR and sponsor a Sprint Cup team.