IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Nate (Offline)
  #1 1/1/17 5:29 PM
http://indianasprintcarnews.blogspot...-speedway.html

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
Unlucky#9 (Offline)
  #2 1/2/17 8:29 AM
The question I have is, are they going to reopen the little ~1/10 mile. micro Bristol style go kart track that was built on the grounds a few years ago?

Casey Meyer
Nate (Offline)
  #3 1/2/17 10:06 AM
From what I saw in the comments and heard from others, both tracks will be open. No idea on what classes on either of them though.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
badcoupe (Offline)
  #4 1/2/17 11:10 AM
Glad to hear this as it's only 3 mi from my house. They've been running flat drags over there and that's all the past few years while the oval has been closed. We used to go over and shake down/test through the week but the track finally got bad enough that we couldn't with the midget. A bit of work and that could be a good facility. Biggest problem most of the local stock car guys have sold out since they never knew from week to week if the place was gonna be open. Hopefully this guy can make a go of it, we don't need to lose any more racetracks, once they're gone they're gone
Unlucky#9 (Offline)
  #5 1/3/17 8:42 AM
Originally Posted by Nate:
From what I saw in the comments and heard from others, both tracks will be open. No idea on what classes on either of them though.
I wonder if by "both tracks" they meant the 3/8th and the dirt drag strip. I haven't seen anything on 4cycle(kart forum) about the kart track opening yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. I liked that track if only they could get the entrance to turn 3 smoothed out, it used to be like a wash board going into 3.

Casey Meyer
Shawn (Offline)
  #6 1/3/17 12:26 PM
It was stated on their Facebook page that the kart track will be running, too...
Nate (Offline)
  #7 1/3/17 9:05 PM
Originally Posted by Unlucky#9:
I wonder if by "both tracks" they meant the 3/8th and the dirt drag strip. I haven't seen anything on 4cycle(kart forum) about the kart track opening yet, but I'll keep my eyes open. I liked that track if only they could get the entrance to turn 3 smoothed out, it used to be like a wash board going into 3.
If you search through the comments on their Facebook page on the thread about the big track opening back up they mention the guys name that's running the kart track on there. Saw it earlier today.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22