IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Which Teams will race The HOOSIER 100?
5/8/12, 11:51 AM   #11
Re: Which Teams will race The HOOSIER 100?
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Pretty sure there are sprint car races the same day as silver crown races if you want to watch vintage dinosaur races there's always YouTube

Posted via Mobile Device
Bloomington and Gas City local shows but no USAC sprint shows on that date.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

5/8/12, 12:15 PM   #12
Racer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Bloomington and Gas City local shows but no USAC sprint shows on that date.
USAC is not neccessary to have a good Sprint car race! Quit worrying about the names in the seat and enjoy the action! Nothing personal just my opinion.

Bob

4 members like this post: jim goerge, racephoto1, rclaridge, speedracer40
5/8/12, 12:15 PM   #13
treecitytornado

It is true USAC has done its share to ruin one of the coolest series in the country, but hopefully this ethanol deal won't be the nail in the coffin! I still would love to see the glory days of the 80s and early 90s when there was a Hulman 100 in May and a Hoosier 100 in August or September and both shows drew 50 plus cars!!

2 members like this post: doug47, SC90
5/8/12, 12:31 PM   #14
miwingless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Pretty sure there are sprint car races the same day as silver crown races if you want to watch vintage dinosaur races there's always YouTube

Posted via Mobile Device
As someone once stated on here, Silver Crown cars on a mile track are poetry in motion. The history and nostalgia around these cars is awesome. There have been a lot of advances in these cars over the years (not sure if this latest one is a good one yet or not).

I would hardly call them dinosaurs.

9 members like this post: bmemmer, HardyBoysRacing, ISF, K-Dawg30, racefan20, racephoto1, ronmil, SC90
5/8/12, 1:54 PM   #15
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I'm not a, the sky is falling, person when changes are made. However, this whole thing doesn't sound very good at all. If all those that are reported as not showing up are true, the event is in trouble this year. The series needs to become more stable without so many rules changes. That's the only way it continues.

If the lack of cars is true for the dirt, same to be said for the pavement race at IRP too?

1 member likes this post: SC90
5/8/12, 3:18 PM   #16
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

If I remember correctly, Hardy Boys are going to a 2 car team...

5/8/12, 3:31 PM   #17
opendirt63

How about focussing on who will be there instead of who will not?

Daum
Team 6r
Rw
RFMS
DePalma
Gamster
TSR
Kane
Jimmy kites car owner
Also heard the Jonny Vance deuce might be back on dirt.

I challenge others to verifie who else will be there, and there is more

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: koolaid89, Seadog
5/8/12, 3:49 PM   #18
dirttrack87

So the big deal is everyone switching to ethanol...... but its free? Besides retuning the fuel system, whats the big deal?

5/8/12, 4:06 PM   #19
KodySwanson

I think that it's tough to blame every bit of the declining car count solely on the switch to Ethanol fuel.

There were some names mentioned that would probably not be at this year's Hoosier 100: Santucci, Hagar, Hartenstine, Indiana Underground, Klatt, Kunz, Foxco. However, anyone think that there could be other factors causing them to skip than solely the switch to Ethanol?- ie: Hartenstine had his trailer & equipment stolen, Kunz didn't necessarily run the full schedule before 2011 (I remember them running select events with Whitt, but not much even before that), Indiana Underground skipped Springfield last year, then picked up Darland for DuQuoin when FoxCo stayed home after getting bent up at Springfield, there might be other reasons the Klatt #6 isn't running -(I don't know for sure, but Bobby is running for Benic and not his #5 in the Sprints- who didn't have a mandatory fuel switch in that division), and there may have been other factors at play for Santucci- like the fact that races don't pay like they used to and fuel from Memphis to Indy certainly hasn't been getting any cheaper, I don't think Baldwin will be there- they've been focusing on their Sprint car effort, Shoestring sold the #38 (to 500 Motorsports who will be there), and etc...

500 Motorsports added they'd be making they're debut with Steve Adams, and if Sachs & Vance start racing dirt that would add a few more.

Updated possibilities for who may be there:

3,* RFMS
10,* Stewart/Curb-Agajanian
14,* McQuinn
16,* Lightfoot
17,* RW
19, Team 6R Racing
20,* Nolen
21,* Team 6R Racing
22,* Stewart/Curb-Agajanian
23,* Team 6R Racing
26,* Pierce
27,* RW
29,* BK
39,* Aquilini
43,* Nix
50,* Daum
51,* Gamester
55,* Bateman
63,* DePalma
75, Bruce
76, Conover
77,* Urish
78, Kane
97,* SC
114,* Hardy
116,* Racing Associates
500 Motorsports, Steve Adams

*Sachs?
*Vance?

Even after I deleted the cars that are suspected to not be there- there is still 27 cars left on the list without the possibility of Sachs or Vance. I know it's not great, but I doubt people remember last year's 4-Crown because we only had 24 Silver Crown cars...

5 members like this post: cmakin, duel, jim goerge, ronmil, Seadog
5/8/12, 4:10 PM   #20
treecitytornado

The 4 crown historically has never had a big Champ Car count. Don't think they have ever got over 30 or 32. 24 is a full field for the 4 Crown.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Which Teams will race The HOOSIER 100?