IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmakin (Offline)
  #1 12/5/19 10:11 AM
It isn't Indiana, and it isn't dirt (although the plan is to use dirt cars), but it IS open wheel, and both drivers testing in the video are known to Indiana fans. . . . I am REALLY looking forward to this event. https://www.facebook.com/texasshortt...1oqRpI&__xts__[0]

Sorry about the Facebook link. I will update when I get a general version.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
8 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, EltoJoe, erich45, flagboy55, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, mc/rider, TNRustler
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #2 12/5/19 10:37 AM
Ultimately, there’s never been a need to have separate cars for each discipline. I witnessed first hand how the same car was used for both dirt and pavement. Requiring 2 or more cars, specifically for each surface, I believe led to the decline of pavement sprints. Then when given the choice, dirt track almost always wins. I wish them luck with this series
5 Likes: cmakin, erich45, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, Sprint8586
cmakin (Offline)
  #3 12/5/19 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Ultimately, there’s never been a need to have separate cars for each discipline. I witnessed first hand how the same car was used for both dirt and pavement. Requiring 2 or more cars, specifically for each surface, I believe led to the decline of pavement sprints. Then when given the choice, dirt track almost always wins. I wish them luck with this series
Nathan (Moore) has done VERY well with is Elite Series. He was inspired by the non wing racing that we saw when he came up to Indiana some years ago. He had over 50 cars at one event last year. He will also be having a wing car test next year, too. His series has an open motor rule.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Tony74 (Offline)
  #4 12/5/19 11:15 AM
That looks like it would be a pretty quick track, hopefully they are very diligent in safety checking chassis's/wheels pavement is much tougher on equipment.
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #5 12/5/19 12:51 PM
New track open wheel cars it’s all good👍
cmakin (Offline)
  #6 12/5/19 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by interpreter66:
New track open wheel cars it’s all good👍
The track has been around for awhile. When I first moved to Houston in the late 80s, it was a dirt track, Big H Speedway. It was paved in the 90s. This will be the first open wheel event (other than Thunder Roadsters in the past) since being paved.