IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo weather
8/27/16, 11:46 AM   #1
kokomo weather
david mitchell
Banned

Lets start the weather reports and possible alternate plans. Sunday afternoon, Sunday night possibilities if rained out.

1 member likes this post: TommyTipover
8/27/16, 12:05 PM   #2
PIT CART

They didn't start till after 10:00 last night I think we will get it in tonight.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
8/27/16, 12:30 PM   #3
Re: kokomo weather
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Lets start the weather reports and possible alternate plans. Sunday afternoon, Sunday night possibilities if rained out.
Here's a good rule of thumb to use when it comes to races at tracks that have a history of going to great lengths to get shows in. Assume they're going to race, until you hear otherwise. Trying to solicit speculation serves no purpose.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/27/16, 12:41 PM   #4
TommyTipover

Admonishing someone for soliciting speculation serves no purpose. Don't like it, move on. Some of us need to know the possible alternate plans.

2 members like this post: jleme154, Russ
8/27/16, 12:47 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Tommy, where you or David there?

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Melmo, tirespinner
8/27/16, 12:53 PM   #6
Stevensville Mike

No need to bicker, men. We all have our thumb rules and voodoo dolls on days as such.

I think a lot of it depends on how far one has to travel. Other than Hartford, every track I hit is a 2+ hour drive. I have to make a good, calculated decision prior to leaving when the weather looks 50/50 to make hot laps, etc. Weather maps are fine to use, but when a fan says there is a foot of water in the parking lot or pits..... well.... the Weather Channel will not show THAT.

I don't know what irks me more personally - not going and finding the race is eventually on and fine, or going and finding the plug was pulled whilst I was on the way there.

But all in all, I like the fans' response myself as my first rule of thumb.

2 members like this post: fish, pushinthecushin
8/27/16, 12:56 PM   #7
david mitchell
Banned

Exactly Tommy. I could go to Lawrenceburg t-nite where there is very small chance of rain. Gasoline is not cheap. Coming all the way from Greenfield is a bit different than being very close to the speedway.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/27/16, 1:04 PM   #8
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
Exactly Tommy. I could go to Lawrenceburg t-nite where there is very small chance of rain. Gasoline is not cheap. Coming all the way from Greenfield is a bit different than being very close to the speedway.
My point sir, is if you have not seen the devastation the community has been through, you can't imagine the effort that has been put forth.I think they will try to get it in tonight for several reasons. A lot of people who live a lot farther than you have to be at work on Monday, so Sunday doesn't help them. Plus this an event with advance ticket sales, so they would eat that cost also. Also running tonight would free up rooms for people still displaced or without power.

6 members like this post: duel, Jbaldwin, Jedi, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, tirespinner
8/27/16, 1:08 PM   #9
Jerry Shaw

And while you guys are fretting about what may not even happen, Mother Nature swings and misses, again. And for now, the radar is clear for miles and miles behind that. I have a Smackdown finale to go see and have to get ready for my 2 1/2 hr drive.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

8/27/16, 1:23 PM   #10
david mitchell
Banned

I only want one question answered.Is it raining right now at the Speedway. Thank you.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > kokomo weather