IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloRacing question
4/5/20, 5:31 PM   #1
FloRacing question
openwheelfan1

Hey all, I recently purchased a FloRacing subscription and when it works it’s great, but I’m having lots of issues. I am running it through an Amazon Firestick. It will work for 30 seconds to about 5 minutes and then the screen goes black and I get the spinning circle. The only way to get it back is to exit the FloRacing app on the Firestick, open something else (like Netflix) exit that and then reopen Flo. It seems to work with fewer problems on my iPad, but sometimes I have the same issue there. Thoughts??

Thanks for any feedback!

4/5/20, 8:58 PM   #2
Re: FloRacing question
cornerthree

How do you uae it with Firestick? I only use it on my laptop. Works great on my laptop.

4/5/20, 11:17 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
How do you uae it with Firestick? I only use it on my laptop. Works great on my laptop.
Downloaded the FloSports app via the Firestick. Opens just like on a laptop.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/6/20, 7:38 AM   #4
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Downloaded the FloSports app via the Firestick. Opens just like on a laptop.
It could be apples and oranges, but I was having similar problems with my ROKU. After un-installing the FloSports app from the ROKU, re-installing the app and re-booting my modem/router last season, it has worked flawlessly.

4/7/20, 11:53 AM   #5
foytfan

I run it on both Roku and Firestick and never have a problem with either one. It could be your internet speed? Just throwing it out there.

4/7/20, 2:16 PM   #6
ISF

I would tend to agree with foytfan. Your problem could be inadequate internet download speed. Check your internet download speed and see what you have. I'm not positively sure but I believe Flo recommends something above 1.5 megabits per second for standard quality and above 3 MBPS for HD.

Here is a couple of website's where you can run a test of your internet download speed:

https://fast.com/

https://www.speedtest.net/

Good luck, hope you figure it out.

4/7/20, 7:57 PM   #7
openwheelfan1

Thanks both foytfan and ISF! I both download checks and I got between 40-45 mb/sec download speed on both of them, which, as I understand it, should be adequate to run Flo. Guess I’ll have to contact them.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloRacing question