IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Blackduce (Offline)
  #41 7/24/13 10:25 AM
What is the record for yellow flags and yellow flag laps in a truck race? Hope Tony works the track to help this saddness.

Lynn
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #42 7/24/13 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I was actually expecting a Eldora Push Truck to pass em under green.

#Sarcasm
#Sarcasm. Noted. Appreciated.

#43 7/24/13 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by duel:
Oh, I will watch it. It would be nice to see multiple grooves that used to be the norm. Or at least a cushion 10' from the wall to begin the heats. I thought they had some great new hybrid form of dirt we were going to see this year?
They did have new dirt but I took it home with me after the Kings Royal!!!
4 Likes: 2fast4u, duel, jim goerge, luckybuc97
MatMiller (Offline)
  #44 7/24/13 11:03 AM
I hope it works out. Hopefully they will be throwing off sliders all night--but I doubt it. These trucks are totally different than sprint cars/late models/mods. Maybe this will gain some respect for the dirt community, but for the love of Pete, get someone announcing who knows what he is talking about!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: jim goerge, speed bump
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #45 7/24/13 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by MatMiller:
Maybe this will gain some respect for the dirt community, but for the love of Pete, get someone announcing who knows what he is talking about!

Posted via Mobile Device
I think I heard that Clint Bowyer is doing the color commentary so that should help some.
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #46 7/24/13 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by MatMiller:
I hope it works out. Hopefully they will be throwing off sliders all night--but I doubt it. These trucks are totally different than sprint cars/late models/mods. Maybe this will gain some respect for the dirt community, but for the love of Pete, get someone announcing who knows what he is talking about!

Posted via Mobile Device
They need to let the voice of Eldora, Dustin Jarrett, be on the broadcast. But nooooo, we have to listen to the idiots they have every week. Hopefully DW wont be on the broadcast.
5 Likes: Al Pierce, jim goerge, koolaid89, luckybuc97, mowerman
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #47 7/24/13 1:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hotshoe65s:
Hopefully DW wont be on the broadcast.
If that's the case, my mute button will get quite a workout.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
3 Likes: dirt330, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #48 7/24/13 1:15 PM
Here, Im going going to let you hold this clod of dirt that came off the fenderwell.......................

Charles Nungester
jim goerge (Offline)
  #49 7/24/13 1:23 PM
[QUOTE=wolfpack58;343683]Is it just me or does anybody else get the feeling that TV coverage and overflow attendance by a bunch of napcar fans will 1day lead to the paving of Eldora?

I think it could happen cuz with as bad as their track prep is paveing would save Smoke a lot of cash and headaches
ShamrockRacin'48G (Offline)
  #50 7/24/13 1:31 PM
When I was younger, I loved the Baltes guy (Terry I think) that announced over there, who has since passed away RIP... man I would love to hear him again..it was something like: "On the clock now, Driving the number 63 Bob Hampshire/ JW Hunt Strawberry Farms car, he rides em high because he's not afraid to die...He hails from Troy, Ohio, and he's a Fullll Ti-me Ra-cer, Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. J-a-c-k H-e-w-i-t-t...." ......wow they dont do it like that anymore, send chills up my spine thinkin back about those days, guess Im gettin older...

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
8 Likes: 2fast4u, 767, ffrid, jim goerge, johnnythunderhead, luckybuc97, speed bump, spicoli