IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubby Jones
1/20/20, 6:42 PM   #11
Re: Bubby Jones
jonboat15

I remember Bub almost scoring a big win at Eldora in 1990. He was quite a fan favorite, I bought one of his shirts and one of his crew members told me to wear that shirt with pride and I sure did. I wish I could have witnessed more of his career. RIP

3 members like this post: Blackduce, luckybuc97, tirespinner
1/21/20, 8:51 PM   #12
flagboy55

I was lucky enough to be able to take in almost all of his USAC career. A couple memories come up immediately. Back in the mid 70s early in the year, on the cover of speedsport there was a picture of Bub, Opp and Rager with the caption Outlaws Gone Legit, if my memory serves correct. The next memory was the 76 Hulman Classic in which Bub ran 3rd. That’s my favorite race of all time. He had an excuse that day as the great Jan Opperman won followed by the great Pancho Carter who probably drove harder than any other race of his career. Since then, we got to watch an amazing racer win on dirt and pavement, sprints and midgets. Then he went to California to whoop up on CRA for years. Rest In Peace Ol Bub, thanks for the memories

2/1/20, 7:04 PM   #13
Re: Bubby Jones
Roy Bleckert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSTINKINWINGS View Post
Did anybody know Davey drove.
Yes that's the Late Chuck Becker Jr's car they are standing next to IIRC

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bubby Jones