IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #1 12/19/14 4:44 PM
So there was a article in today's paper about GC. They will be running this year just on a limited schedule. Glad to see the track isnt going to just sit empty.

TK
30 Likes: 5krunner, addictedtodirt, Blitzman, BrentTFunk, Claybird33, dickster, dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, EKracing, fish, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, KENDALLRACING, LUCKYONE, mowerman, Nate, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Poorboyjocko, racefan20, racegal, racing2bwithu2, rapid robert, ronmil, sc17x, Stephen Cording, tamati, Wayne Davis
Tony74 (Offline)
  #2 12/19/14 5:59 PM
Here is the article
16 Likes: addictedtodirt, cwfan08, dickster, dirtnonwingfan, EKracing, i love dirt track racing, jjones752, KENDALLRACING, mc/rider, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, Poorboyjocko, racegal, rapid robert, Stephen Cording
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #3 12/19/14 6:48 PM
I am really happy to see that the O'Connors will be running the track. Since it is a one-year deal while they assess interest in a longer term arrangement, I hope that lots and lots of fans and drivers go to Gas City. I know that I will be there whenever possible, even though I live about 275 miles away. So many tracks have been lost in the past few years, here is a chance for us to help save one and see some great racing in the process. Hope to see you all there on opening day next Spring!

Frank Daigh
23 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, cwfan08, dickster, EKracing, gas city gal, i love dirt track racing, I Miss Manzy, jim goerge, lukesmith, mc/rider, Morin Racing 98, nedra_bahler_835@com, oldfan49, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racegal, racing2bwithu2, rapid robert, sc17x, The Old Coyote, timmanis2000
EKracing (Offline)
  #4 12/19/14 8:14 PM
This is greatest news I've heard all winter. If there is one group of people that listen to the fans, take care of the racers and put on the greatest show in dirt track racing, it's the O'connors.
13 Likes: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, gas city gal, i love dirt track racing, I Miss Manzy, nathans1012, nedra_bahler_835@com, Pat O'Connor Fan, rapid robert, spicoli, Tim Bookmiller, Will Shunk
wcbrock02 (Offline)
  #5 12/19/14 8:21 PM
I'm really happy to hear this news. I will be there whenever the gates are open in 2015 and I hope all my IOW friends that can, will be there also.
4 Likes: cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, gas city gal, Pat O'Connor Fan
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #6 12/19/14 9:48 PM
This may explain why Terre Haute's schedule isn't bigger. The O'Connor's can only be in so many places at one time.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, timmanis2000
Stephen Cording (Offline)
  #7 12/20/14 5:32 AM
Fantastic news.

You really don't know what you have until it's gone.

UK USAC fan.
5 Likes: cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, PIT CART
Gregg (Offline)
  #8 12/20/14 6:17 AM
Depending on the schedule I hope to get up there a time or two extra in 2015 and hope this idea catches on.
4 Likes: cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, FishBurger, I Miss Manzy
sprntr (Offline)
  #9 12/20/14 12:07 PM
GREAT NEWS!

steiny
2 Likes: cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan