IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Millstream reopening 2015
10/18/14, 9:54 AM   #11
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Millstream opening back up no matter how many races they run is great..to many tracks packing up. I would say Sunday will probably be the best idea. They have ran that day/night in the the past..and with kokomo being well enough away and no one else running they should be fine. If they would run Fridays you have limaland/Attica running..and throw in Saturdays waynesfield near by.. I wanna try and go up there at least once next year.

Tk

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, hoscalecody, i love dirt track racing
10/18/14, 9:25 PM   #12
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfan08 View Post
Millstream opening back up no matter how many races they run is great..to many tracks packing up. I would say Sunday will probably be the best idea. They have ran that day/night in the the past..and with kokomo being well enough away and no one else running they should be fine. If they would run Fridays you have limaland/Attica running..and throw in Saturdays waynesfield near by.. I wanna try and go up there at least once next year.

Tk
You've also got Fremont and Oakshade pretty close on Saturday nights, with Eldora on many Saturday's also. I think a schedule of 8-10 special events on Sundays would be a nice start for next season. There are a lot of cars and fans from all those Friday and Saturday tracks that would likely support some Sunday programs. Maybe not on a weekly basis the first year, but build it up and gain a reputation for putting on a good show.

10/19/14, 8:46 AM   #13
Re: Millstream reopening 2015
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Yes, Both Limaland and Attica are Fri Night tracks.
I don't know how it will work or even if weekly racing is ever in the cards.

I do think a carefully laid out 2 events a month schedule would work, Probably Sundays. However it would take some capital and luck to get it off the ground. Renegade series owner is from Findlay so two or three of those are possible. Would love to see BOSS hit it. Eldora Street stocks as the support.

I only went there once, When Earl owned half the states race tracks back in the late 80s. My off days were sunday and monday so I made the trip for a all star and LM show. Don't remember much but I do remember local track champion Danny Eichler running a LM that night and doing well. Weird when your the only fan cheering for someone not many there know. Anyhow, it was a enjoyable night, Not having been to a lot of tracks back then, I thought it was a smaller less banked eldora with the BIG PLUS of the riggs not pitted in the infield.

10/19/14, 10:36 AM   #14
treecitytornado

I remember an All Star Sprint Speed week Opener where all 50 plus haulers were pitted in the infield. I heard now; everyone pits outside the track.

10/19/14, 1:13 PM   #15
Sprintcarfanatic

The place actually had a figure 8 track in the infield & they pitted off of turn 4 & it had an access road in front of the grandstands. If I remember right they use to push the next heat in there (figure 8). Spent many a Sunday night up there as I worked second shift. I doubt very much if you could see the backstretch with the Haulers they have now. Come to think of it you probably couldn't see between 1 & 2 & down part of the backstretch from 3 & 4 & vice versa. Now they pit on the backside & the cars come out of turn 2. Don't know if they plan to make big changes or not. That's where I 1st met Jason Johnson, Brian Paulus & a couple others.

10/19/14, 10:43 PM   #16
fish

The track was one of those that produced great two-groove racing. There would be someone up on the wall in one groove and someone running on the bottom in another.
Saw a classic Kinser-Swindell battle there, saw Jeff Gordon race there, but the best memories are just taking my kids there on Sunday nights when they were growing up.

3 members like this post: apexonephoto, koolaid89, Sprintcarfanatic
10/20/14, 2:00 PM   #17
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I wonder what night they will run? This is good news maybe a Friday night non wing track.
Based on the recent tries to resurrect Millstream, the track surface appears suited to wing racing being dry slick. Also, the inside concrete wall makes it hard to see all of the racing grooves as many spectators complained in the stands a few years back. My guess is Renegades, LM, and 305's monthly to gauge the area's ability to support another day/night of racing and the community's tolerance of the noise issue as many new homes are now west of Findlay. Best of luck to all involved as this track saw all of the greats during its history.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, slide22
10/20/14, 9:40 PM   #18
lucky 4

run on some saterday nights with 360 wings

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Millstream reopening 2015