IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #21 4/8/21 2:54 PM
Anyone know if your seats are reserved if you purchase tix in advance? I know they are guaranteed I just mean the location of them. Also, any limited capacity? Thanks!
reeserx (Offline)
  #22 4/8/21 2:56 PM
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3:
Anyone know if your seats are reserved if you purchase tix in advance? I know they are guaranteed I just mean the location of them. Also, any limited capacity? Thanks!
They are not reserved and I do not believe any limitations. Hell there weren’t any last year either lol. It looked like a full house for midget week and the WOO race last year
3 Likes: fish, hoosierboy3, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #23 4/8/21 3:57 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
I've never seen WoO at Kokomo, but have been to Smackdown & a Speedweek race. Seemed like there was plenty of open space if you're willing to walk a bit
Oh, right-o, Jim. One can always walk a bit.

To expound on my post, the parking LOTS can easily be filled up. For headline races like WoO, there is not enough room. Heading North out of the plant there is always parking along the fence for the recycling plant. I have parked on occasion North of THERE in a field which has only one way out. They have a golf cart shuttling fans to and from - at least BEFORE the races.

Then you have everyone parking along the East side of the highway between it and the railroad tracks. I always cringe when I see that. No carts, crossing the highway, 45 mph speed limit (maybe 55 mph?), possibly kids, parking on a berm..... and, if it rained prior to or during, the ground is soft, soggy, and muddy in all three of the above. All manageable, but just be aware that it can get cumbersome. Always a good time inside, though.

Make sure to say "Hi" and thank Kim the greeter/bag inspector when you go in.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
2 Likes: fish, tirespinner
reeserx (Offline)
  #24 4/8/21 5:22 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
Oh, right-o, Jim. One can always walk a bit.

To expound on my post, the parking LOTS can easily be filled up. For headline races like WoO, there is not enough room. Heading North out of the plant there is always parking along the fence for the recycling plant. I have parked on occasion North of THERE in a field which has only one way out. They have a golf cart shuttling fans to and from - at least BEFORE the races.

Then you have everyone parking along the East side of the highway between it and the railroad tracks. I always cringe when I see that. No carts, crossing the highway, 45 mph speed limit (maybe 55 mph?), possibly kids, parking on a berm..... and, if it rained prior to or during, the ground is soft, soggy, and muddy in all three of the above. All manageable, but just be aware that it can get cumbersome. Always a good time inside, though.

Make sure to say "Hi" and thank Kim the greeter/bag inspector when you go in.
The guy that owns the land next to the camping lot and the coke plant charges for parking too lol. With as much rain as we’ve gotten today, parking on that highway will be dicey
2 Likes: Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
SCRAFAN (Offline)
  #25 4/8/21 6:24 PM
Not sure where i should post this. I am planning on coming out to ISW from Az in july and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on RV parks best located for all of it or is there not one? Lawarenceburg seems to be the farthest track from the others. I could be mistaken, any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
oppweld (Offline)
  #26 4/8/21 6:57 PM
Will you be towing a car behind?
BigWheel7 (Offline)
  #27 4/8/21 7:20 PM
I had to park almost to County Road 300 N, which is about a half mile away, for the show in October. Just don’t show up at hot laps and you will be fine. I’m planning on going but will be late again. The wings are awesome on these small tracks, IMO.

Shawn Wheeler II
4 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
SCRAFAN (Offline)
  #28 4/8/21 7:54 PM
Will be towing a Travel Trailer, i will be going to all of the indiana sprint week races and was just wondering if there was a centrally located RV park for all the tracks.
Daisy's dad (Offline)
  #29 4/8/21 10:18 PM
I have done the full ISW deal in an RV for 8 out of the last 9 years, traveling from AZ. Skipped last year because of Covid. There is not really a "central" camping area from which to travel the full circuit. All of the tracks have at least dry camping facilities. Terre Haute and Lawrenceburg have limited hookups. Seems that every year they get close to capacity quicker than the year before, but I have never yet been unable to find a space.

hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #30 4/9/21 2:06 AM
I have a toddler that is going through potty training. Would they allow a backpack with some extra clothes?
2 Likes: motorhead748, tirespinner