IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #11 12/14/13 3:31 PM
I may go to this one, never have seen an Outlaw show at the Action Track. The All Stars put on a great show after a rain delay in 2008! That may be the last Winged show they have ran.
spicoli (Offline)
  #12 12/15/13 1:33 AM
JT, The WoO at Terre Haute is the only big track I'll go see them at. You know how they get strung out on a big track? Doesn't matter at Terre Haute. Pure awesome, even one car by itself. Hammer down, all the way around. I don't mind the drive from Chicago to Terre Haute at all, I've always gone home happy (as long as you know the back way out of the track). Always a great show!
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #13 12/15/13 8:06 AM
I saw them there in the late 90's, and was a great show. High and low grooves, sliders. Stevie Smith pulled a wheelie all the way down the back stretch! Tyler Walker bailed out of a moving barbecue. I think Mark Kinser won.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #14 12/15/13 10:53 AM
I can remember going to Terre Haute for WOO during Indy Pole week end, I guess that was years ago. What I remember was it was so dusty you couldn't see the cars on the track, like watching a race in a tornado. To some folks that's racing.

Terre Haute is a gem of a race track, the best race I ever saw there was an afternoon Hulman Classic where Ron Shuman won. Another really good race was a night race several years ago when Jon Stanbrough won, but the track was racey and a field full of capable drivers.

I wish they would hold a USAC race on a Saturday night.