Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown thoughts
9/23/15, 7:31 AM   #21
Re: 4 crown thoughts
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
As a first timer please after this weekend get back on here and tell us what you actually think of the track it will be interesting to hear a new perspective on track prep
That's just it I don't care about track prep never have never will! Drivers should adapt to whatever is thrown at them! The ones that can are the winners! Just go and enjoy don't let things you cant control bother you!

2 members like this post: Lewis1585, treecitytornado
9/23/15, 11:59 AM   #22
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Another thing we got going for us is no ascoc race scheduled Friday. I would think that should make for a real nice field with the wings Friday night.
Might that be because Stewart owns ASCOC?

9/23/15, 12:53 PM   #23
flagboy55

If it is, god bless em. I just know it's more fun for us race fans. Really getting excited for this weekend. I was telling a friend the other night, watching the silver crowns take the track, even before they Crack throttle, just idling around, just an awesome thing to witness. Can't wait!

2 members like this post: dlhewitt, K9Racer
9/23/15, 1:23 PM   #24
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I love this event! I attended the first year, when it was a two day event. I only went to the features, which were run on a Sunday afternoon. The ticket price was the same whether you attended one or both days. That was changed the next year, after much complaining about the policy. I attended during the period when it was a three day, a two day and whatever. I attended the Friday night WoO show last year as well. First time I had seen a winged car at Eldora. I attended the first WoO finale in 1978, but they didn't have wings then. The WoO show was nothing spectacular, and I decided it was not worth a return visit. I will be there in my usual patio seats on Saturday night. Last year, the rains came on Saturday and the features were run on Sunday afternoon. Lots of torn up cars, but the racing was good. I believe we wound up with something like eight midgets running, but it was a great race. Biggest downer of all was the concession stand running out of pizza steaks (burgers) on Sunday. Those things are unbelievably popular! Fortunately, the fans were understanding, and the National Guard did not have to be summoned!

9/23/15, 1:41 PM   #25
JarrettFarms73

This will only be my 2nd time going but it's two in a row!!
My brother begged me to join he and the fam for years then the stars finally aligned w/ my schedule to allow it to happen. It's appointment racing from now on.
I won't make it til late Friday night but I'll get an added bonus of watching my niece run the .25 Saturday afternoon. Family+dirt racing+Eldora= No brainer

9/23/15, 4:18 PM   #26
ISF

I truly envy all of you who will be at Eldora this coming weekend!!!

The 4 Crown is the only opportunity all season long that allows fans to see all three of USAC's National Series in action.

Hope everyone has a great time!
Last edited by ISF; 9/23/15 at 11:36 PM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/23/15, 5:02 PM   #27
flagboy55

I see where BC is running Friday with wings, and sprints and midgets Saturday. Wish I had a good champ car to offer him. Wouldn't you think someone would?

9/23/15, 6:08 PM   #28
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I see where BC is running Friday with wings, and sprints and midgets Saturday. Wish I had a good champ car to offer him. Wouldn't you think someone would?
I would think someone would, if there was a SC team without a driver. Can't imagine someone dumping their regular shoe.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
9/23/15, 6:12 PM   #29
Jerry Spencer

The Halfmoon Spencer racing 66j will be there to have some fun and hopefully turn the season around. Stop and grab the 2015 Josh Spencer tee shirt for the low price of $15 dollars at the trailer or at the autograph session, was not sure if we were going to make the autograph deal due to Josh daughter soccer game but we are going to bust butt to make it.

Thank you to all the fans for your support of Eldora, U.S.A.C. all the drivers and crew's and to Josh Spencer open wheel fans are the best.

Be safe and have fun.

Jerry #66j
stida.com / Halfmoon Resturant & Brewery / Colescotts Mobil-1

9/23/15, 6:44 PM   #30
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyCbus View Post
That's just it I don't care about track prep never have never will! Drivers should adapt to whatever is thrown at them! The ones that can are the winners! Just go and enjoy don't let things you cant control bother you!
Sorry for asking

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 4 crown thoughts