IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
a tall Short fan 36 (Offline)
  #1 9/20/12 5:52 PM
been to eldora two or three times... have been told that i haven't ''been'' there until i stand in the infield in turn 3... howeva... im normally arriving a little before heat races due to work and have never seen an entrance to infield... so questions are..... can you access infield after show has started??? and where do you do this at??? also gonna have a little one with me..13... is he allowed???? Thanks in advance!!!! ... also any word on Clayton participating in this weekend's show????
dirtnut (Offline)
  #2 9/20/12 5:58 PM
You must have a pit pass to get into the infield. Tunnel goes under the back straightaway and comes out in the infield. Don't know what minimum age is for getting into the pits. Have not heard if Clayton will be there or not.
rclaridge (Offline)
  #3 9/20/12 6:20 PM
I love to take first timers down there and watch their jaw hit the ground when the cars go flat out into turn three!! you gotta do it one time
2 Likes: interpreter66, PIT CART
Z-man (Offline)
  #4 9/20/12 6:20 PM
Minimum age is 14 for a pit pass at Eldora.Tell your boy happy birthday for me.

Will work for Race Tickets and Beer
4 Likes: a tall Short fan 36, interpreter66, Isaac Chapple Racing, speedracer40
a tall Short fan 36 (Offline)
  #5 9/20/12 6:27 PM
Originally Posted by Z-man:
Minimum age is 14 for a pit pass at Eldora.Tell your boy happy birthday for me.
will do.... lol.... best idea just to walk around to backstrech once entered main gate or walk around outside of track???? Thanks to all replies
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #6 9/20/12 8:05 PM
It is something to watch the drivers from down there. If you stand in between the turns & watch 1 guy then turn back to watch another you might need some dramamine after hot laps. Please by all means watch what you are doing if they are putting heat in the motors, It can be a busy busy time. They also pull into the opening where they pull in. The tunnel is just to the South of that opening. Have fun & be careful.
FALCONEDDIE (Offline)
  #7 9/20/12 9:04 PM
Just wondering if anybody knows if there will be a live feed from Eldora on Saturday night?
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #8 9/20/12 9:28 PM
Originally Posted by FALCONEDDIE:
Just wondering if anybody knows if there will be a live feed from Eldora on Saturday night?
It will be live from where I am sitting Saturday night!
7 Likes: Dblchkrs, I Miss Manzy, itsanonwingthing, monkeyboy, mowerman, ronmil, Russell Ficklin
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #9 9/21/12 6:46 AM
You can stay inside the track and walk around to the love tunnel, but I am not sure if you can buy a pit pass at the front grandstand. I've never bought tickets in the front.
kaleb62 (Offline)
  #10 9/21/12 8:27 AM
there is a tunnle under turn four that you can go under, you need to be 14 to enter the pits