IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lightning sprints at salem
11/26/14, 9:25 PM   #1
lightning sprints at salem
bobbyg45

If a deal can be worked out. How many would be interested in running thunder valley speedway (non wing) but will be scheduled to be off on mmsa events on Friday nights

11/26/14, 9:30 PM   #2
Mikec11n

Why don't ya just get with MMSA and have them come a few times. That's way better than 3-5 cars a week, and they know how to run it smoothly.

3 members like this post: Avon Open Wheel fan, bowbuild, Jim Gardner
11/26/14, 9:39 PM   #3
Avon Open Wheel fan

Think we already tried racing there last season and ended up not working out.
We had two or three scheduled races that ended up not happening.

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
11/27/14, 11:52 AM   #4
cmiracingvids

I would, but I'm not gonna travel and race for 50 bucks to win or whatever it is. I love that track and wish we would have worked something out this year to race there, but sounds like it probably won't happen again in 2015.

Colin Miller

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
11/27/14, 2:12 PM   #5
Re: lightning sprints at salem
stoney

50 bucks (they must have raised it)

11/27/14, 5:22 PM   #6
cbaumeyer48

Bobby.... Race with the MMSA .... If we all work together, we can get better car counts. Better car counts will allow us to get better payouts. The payouts will allow you to buy what you need plus cover travel expenses. This last season was fantastic with some of the "to start" money being $125. When it's $50 to win, there's no competition. Winning a feature and then having to tell my friends I was 1st of 3 cars that started ..... Isn't much fun! Jmo

1 member likes this post: bn kleen
11/27/14, 11:17 PM   #7
bobbyg45

We are racing with the mmsa . Was just some where to run and have fun on other nights mmsa isnt running

11/28/14, 1:43 PM   #8
MMSA

Owning a dirt track isn't as easy as everyone thinks. With the new management at Salem they were not sure they could break even with us. I think we could come up with something with perhaps 2-3 sponsors to make a couple of shows at Thunder Valley happen if we could swing it with the promoter.

At the banquet a non wing open show was discussed, basically SSMS rules. This would be a great track for that. This would allow TQs, Kenyon, Eco tech, focus and the older 1200cc to dust of their cars and run.

MMSA members would collect points in the order they finish amongst the other MMSA legal cars only.

2 members like this post: Jim Gardner, rob
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lightning sprints at salem