IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo
1/23/21, 2:11 PM   #1
Flo
IndianaSprintFan

I noticed this several times during the chili bowl and it happened again last night during the wild wings shootout. I really wish they could go to a Picture in Picture if they insist on showing the winner take the checkers (esp in heats) last night we missed a .02 sec finish, for 3rd I believe, after a several lap battle just to see the heat winner take the checkers by close to 3 seconds. Does this drive anyone else crazy.

1/24/21, 11:42 AM   #2
Re: Flo
95KART

I agree it would be nice to get picture-in-picture for some of the finishes like that with close battles further back in the field. Especially battles for the last transfer spot in heat races/B mains. I think part of the issue is the extra resources that would take, an extra camera up top and someone to work the picture-in-picture into the broadcast. Sometimes they seem to have the extra cameras but other times it seems like they just have one.

Great content by Flo for the price though. Phenomenal coverage and behind the scenes, some of the best money I've ever spent.

3 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Stephen Cording
1/24/21, 12:50 PM   #3
flagboy55

I’m with you 95, how can you complain. I spent $150 to watch every USAC race and I have gotten WAY MORE than I ever dreamed of. USAC ALLSTARS IRA Kokomo Eldora Chili Bowl. Would I like to have a couple things tweaked, yes but at this point I feel like I stole something

1/24/21, 1:35 PM   #4
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I’m with you 95, how can you complain. I spent $150 to watch every USAC race and I have gotten WAY MORE than I ever dreamed of. USAC ALLSTARS IRA Kokomo Eldora Chili Bowl. Would I like to have a couple things tweaked, yes but at this point I feel like I stole something
He's not complaining, he's suggesting an improvement

1/24/21, 1:40 PM   #5
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
I noticed this several times during the chili bowl and it happened again last night during the wild wings shootout. I really wish they could go to a Picture in Picture if they insist on showing the winner take the checkers (esp in heats) last night we missed a .02 sec finish, for 3rd I believe, after a several lap battle just to see the heat winner take the checkers by close to 3 seconds. Does this drive anyone else crazy.
Excellent idea! Thats one of my main gripes with PPV, you have to watch what they're focusing on. Whipping your head around to watch different battles or your favorite driver adds to the excitement of a live race
No way can any broadcast ever equal a live show, but Flo has been a great thing during this damn pandemic...

2 members like this post: 95KART, Stephen Cording
1/24/21, 2:27 PM   #6
Stevensville Mike

Not to change the course of the thread too much, but this relates to Flo Racing:

I can usually come across as being intelligent. However, with time, I am discovering that this is getting more and more difficult.

I do not have the aforementioned Flo Racing but am starting to look that way. If I get this, there is obviously a plethora of races to watch. If I miss the live coverage of a race, it is re-aired enough to where I can catch it again (and possibly again)? Or, can I dial in and watch any race at any time from a menu that they have - like Dirtvision, or will I be subjected to what they air and when they air it?

flagboy55, I wish I would have asked you these questions when I was last at your house but a beer can kept getting in my way of my thought pattern.

1/24/21, 2:53 PM   #7
95KART

Mike, you should be able to see what is available on Flo Racing's website, you just won't be able to actually watch certain things without a subscription. https://www.floracing.com/

To answer your questions more directly, after each event you can still click on the event in their calendar and they will have a bunch of replays to choose from. Usually they will have a video of the full event, a video of the heat races, a video of the feature, and a short feature highlights video. There are also articles, interviews, and other video content available with most events.

I do not have Dirt Vision so I'm not sure how it compares but I can tell you you will not be disappointed with Flo for the price. Tons of great content.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
1/24/21, 2:55 PM   #8
Rick Eaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Not to change the course of the thread too much, but this relates to Flo Racing:

I can usually come across as being intelligent. However, with time, I am discovering that this is getting more and more difficult.

I do not have the aforementioned Flo Racing but am starting to look that way. If I get this, there is obviously a plethora of races to watch. If I miss the live coverage of a race, it is re-aired enough to where I can catch it again (and possibly again)? Or, can I dial in and watch any race at any time from a menu that they have - like Dirtvision, or will I be subjected to what they air and when they air it?

flagboy55, I wish I would have asked you these questions when I was last at your house but a beer can kept getting in my way of my thought pattern.
I started my Flo subscription right before the Chili Bowl. I'm pleased so far. The archived races are difficult for me to find when I search for them on my computer, and nearly impossible to find when using my Roku TV. All past races seem to be there, and can be viewed at any time.

1/24/21, 3:29 PM   #9
Will Shunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
They mentioned camera people last night and Dean Mills' name came up. Someone on here knows Dean. Contact him to get the truth on how the camera's are directed. My guess with limited camera people on site, the camera is pre determined to catch the checkered flag, winning car, and at the line. That finish line shot holds for a few seconds and you can get a quick glimpse of 2nd, 3rd, 4th crossing. FOL is incredible, the on air personalities are A+, and the camera work is superior because these people do know where to aim during a dirt short track race. For the cost of subscription, the number of willing traveling FLO staff involved, and equipment to setup, teardown, cart to the next venue, the ROI is in a sweet spot right now. More is not necessarily better. If you want to watch the battles for 3 through 10, I will see you at your local track soon.

3 members like this post: dirt330, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier
1/24/21, 8:20 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

You can go back a full year and watch every race they've had or in many cases you can just watch the feature or heats separately.

One thing this year that will be missing this year is Little 500

1 member likes this post: JustAddDirt69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Flo