IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth or Tri State ?
12/20/20, 2:21 AM   #1
Plymouth or Tri State ?
Volunteer410

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 50

I am planning a trip out to Indiana for the first USAC Swing in April 2021 . The plan as of now is to go to Bloomington on the 16th & Paragon on the 18th . I see that Tri State has USAC on the 17th and Plymouth has a 5,000 to win Unsanctioned Show on the same day. For the people who have been to these racetracks , what would be the better show to go to ?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/20/20, 3:06 AM   #2
flagboy55

There’s really only one answer to your question. There’s a reason Tri State is called “The Class Track”. I’m not going to say anything bad towards Plymouth, but Haubstadt is among the best tracks in the country

12/20/20, 3:54 AM   #3
Re: Plymouth or Tri State ?
jim goerge

You need to be at Haubstadt. There will be some good cars and drivers at Plymouth, but not near as many as at Tri State having USAC. At Haubstadt there will be all the USAC guys plus all the MSCS (Midwest Sprint Car Series) there as its turned into a pretty big rivalry. Plus you"re closer to the other two tracks .Bloomington, Paragon. I really liked Plymouth the couple of times I"ve been there, but it does get dusty, where you don"t have dust at Tri State.

12/20/20, 8:53 AM   #4
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I routinely make the 740 mile round trip to Haubstadt 6-7 times for the last 10 years. I have never left disappointed!

12/20/20, 9:48 AM   #5
i love dirt track racing

Our racing families have never seen a bad racing events at tss. It's a great experience and the fans are the best. Go a little early and talk to some of the racing fans they are great. Have fun and enjoy your visit to Indiana. God bless America. Thanks.

12/20/20, 10:03 AM   #6
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Not even close Haubstadt.

12/20/20, 12:01 PM   #7
RACrappieman

What they said☝️

12/20/20, 3:20 PM   #8
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer410 View Post
I am planning a trip out to Indiana for the first USAC Swing in April 2021 . The plan as of now is to go to Bloomington on the 16th & Paragon on the 18th . I see that Tri State has USAC on the 17th and Plymouth has a 5,000 to win Unsanctioned Show on the same day. For the people who have been to these racetracks , what would be the better show to go to ?
Hands down Haubstadt. Racing will be better, surface better and makes more sense travel wise if you are going to Bloomington and Paragon.

Bruce Eckel

12/20/20, 3:44 PM   #9
openwheelfan1

I’m not going to bad mouth Plymouth, because the people operating and promoting that facility have done and are doing a great job. But I can tell you that you will likely see some of the best non wing sprint car racing you will see at Tri-State Speeday/Haubstadt. The facility is clean, the concessions tasty and fair priced (but no ice cream 😢😢&#128546 and the racing surface is smooth, fast and provides multiple grooves for racing. I’ve been going to Tri-State for over 55 years, and good Lord willing will continue for as long as I can.

12/20/20, 4:44 PM   #10
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
I’m not going to bad mouth Plymouth...
Me either. The place is great. The improvements there are top shelf.

Having never been to Haubstadt, and just looking down from 30,000 feet, I am sure they will have a better draw of cars.

Now, if Plymouth had a WINGED event set for that date, they'd probably draw quite well. But they don't so it is a moot point.

And if my buddies flagboy55 and Jim Goerge say go to Tri-State, then by golly, go to Tri-State.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth or Tri State ?