IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Byrd on Podcast
12/29/20, 7:46 AM   #1
Byrd on Podcast
flagboy55

Guess what friends? My friend (I say that having never really met the man) Justin Fiedler has Jonathan Byrd on his most recent podcast. In case your not familiar with him or his work, he’s got a dirt track racing website called Dirtrackr.com. He also has a daily podcast and some longer form podcasts with interviews of all sorts of racing people. I highly recommend you give him a listen especially the daily version. It’s only 7 to 10 minutes long and gives a quick report on news results and upcoming events as well as letting you know what’s streaming and where it could be found. Check it out. Anyway Mr Byrd is on the latest version of Dirtrackr conversations. I haven’t listened to it in it’s entirety yet but it too is certainly worth your time and gives insight into what Circle City Raceway will become. Not only about the new racetrack but also a brief overview of his family’s history in racing and how his Dad got hooked up with one of the greats Rich Vogler. I’ll tell you what, I am very encouraged by what I heard. I wish I lived a little closer and would go apply to climb back on the flagstand. It certainly sounds great for racers and fans in central Indiana. Go give it a listen and let us know what you think

12/29/20, 11:07 PM   #2
flagboy55

Just to let you guys know, I finished up listening to the interview on my way home today. It is great. I’ve always been very aware of the Byrd name, back when Rich was racing for them. But it goes on to talk about some business philosophy, and taking Bryan among others to the speedway. I applaud their dedication to the sport on all levels.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Byrd on Podcast