IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thursday night thunder / hoosier harvest shootout
12/19/20, 12:39 PM   #11
Re: Thursday night thunder / hoosier harvest shootout
jim goerge

I think if USAC quit paying CEO Miller a couple mill a year and added that to the purse of all the dirt divisions guys would stay and make a good living.

12/19/20, 10:43 PM   #12
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I think if USAC quit paying CEO Miller a couple mill a year and added that to the purse of all the dirt divisions guys would stay and make a good living.
"Not everything you read on the internet is true."
-Abraham Lincoln

12/20/20, 3:08 AM   #13
flagboy55

Abe was way ahead of his time

12/20/20, 4:51 PM   #14
Stevensville Mike

You'd think with foresight like that Honest Abe would rank a little higher than a fin on the monetary scale of American greenbacks.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, mc/rider, tirespinner
12/21/20, 8:58 PM   #15
racer5c

A new track is opening and people are on the internet ********, unreal

12/21/20, 9:38 PM   #16
flagboy55

I probably need to qualify my criticism. First off I want to congratulate Indianapolis for getting a new track. I want to thank those of you who are spearheading this effort and I certainly do wish you success, I will definitely try to make it there at least once this season. Any criticism that may have been taken out of my comment is rooted firmly in my love of wingless sprints and the lack of respect they get nationally. I CAN’T STAND IT! And again I’m a fan of all sprint cars, with or without aerodynamic assets.
Of course being a eager consumer of the original Thursday Night Thunder, might have ticked me off a bit too. I might be wrong but I don’t think this is going to be live on ESPN or any other channel like the original. I’m sure some streaming but not broadcast, which the idea suffers from comparison. Which brings me back to any aggravation I may have about it and it’s founded in my belief that sprint car racing without wings is the best there is and we need to get more people to see it to believe it. Just ask some of the Pennsylvania fans on here

12/22/20, 12:54 PM   #17
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I probably need to qualify my criticism. First off I want to congratulate Indianapolis for getting a new track. I want to thank those of you who are spearheading this effort and I certainly do wish you success, I will definitely try to make it there at least once this season. Any criticism that may have been taken out of my comment is rooted firmly in my love of wingless sprints and the lack of respect they get nationally. I CAN’T STAND IT! And again I’m a fan of all sprint cars, with or without aerodynamic assets.
Of course being a eager consumer of the original Thursday Night Thunder, might have ticked me off a bit too. I might be wrong but I don’t think this is going to be live on ESPN or any other channel like the original. I’m sure some streaming but not broadcast, which the idea suffers from comparison. Which brings me back to any aggravation I may have about it and it’s founded in my belief that sprint car racing without wings is the best there is and we need to get more people to see it to believe it. Just ask some of the Pennsylvania fans on here
Very well put, Bud .And I agree a 100%
Last edited by jim goerge; 12/22/20 at 4:53 PM.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, oppweld
12/22/20, 8:10 PM   #18
D Byrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
all of that granted, beyond the fact that there was an opportunity to fill and unmet demand for a type of sprint car racing in Indiana, part of the reason that Circle City Raceway has chosen this path is because they did not want to impinge on all of the other established tracks in Indiana that run non-wing sprint cars, which is also why they are keeping their local sprint car schedule from running in competition against sprint car programs at the rest of the Indiana tracks. they could have easily said "hey, we're running a regular non-wing sprint car program right here in the middle of Indiana", which would probably have had the effect of cannibalizing fields from other tracks.

12/22/20, 9:07 PM   #19
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Byrd View Post
all of that granted, beyond the fact that there was an opportunity to fill and unmet demand for a type of sprint car racing in Indiana, part of the reason that Circle City Raceway has chosen this path is because they did not want to impinge on all of the other established tracks in Indiana that run non-wing sprint cars, which is also why they are keeping their local sprint car schedule from running in competition against sprint car programs at the rest of the Indiana tracks. they could have easily said "hey, we're running a regular non-wing sprint car program right here in the middle of Indiana", which would probably have had the effect of cannibalizing fields from other tracks.
Why not run non-wing races on a Thursday, in no way would that compete with other tracks, in fact might encourage others to think non-wing. Ironic that the largest paying sprint car purse in IN is a wing race. Lots of fingerprints of car owners who are deciding or considering going wing racing all over this.

2 members like this post: billw, jim goerge
12/22/20, 9:24 PM   #20
snowdrift

Thursday night would hurt Friday night non wing local shows . How many cars get tore up Thursday night guys don’t have the money to repair cars or the time a lot of them only have the money to run one night a week. Myself I think they are doing a good thing but we don’t need more tracks we need more cars and people in the bleachers

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thursday night thunder / hoosier harvest shootout