IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > On Loudpedal Podcast
12/14/20, 10:08 PM   #1
On Loudpedal Podcast
flagboy55

On my way to work this morning I was enjoying the podcast with Tyler Burnett and Dylan Welch, 2 wonderful racing personalities with ties to USAC. One of them asked, and I’m not saying this is exact quote, but “how many championships for Brady?” This becomes kind of a default question as more and more of our favorite wingless racers look for shade. This question was posed during the episode that featured Big Daddy Windom. He was saying he might not run full time USAC sprint next year but will pursue more wings. Think about this for a minute. We already know Courtney is going to do a lot of wings, CJ was shown to have interests with an Alex Bowman wing car, Carson Short going winging. So what do we have left? Think about this when many of you think local racing is more important than getting more eyeballs on big paying non wing national events!

2 members like this post: captrat, jim goerge
12/14/20, 11:25 PM   #2
openwheelfan1

I LOVE non-winged sprint cars! I’ll start with that! But I can’t blame these young drivers for looking to go winged racing. They are trying to earn a living as a racer. FAST on Dirt, which is primarily Attica and Fremont speeds in Ohio pays $3000 to win for a weekly show, and the Pennsylvania tracks pay $3000 or $4000 to win depending upon the track. Most IN non-wing tracks pay $1500 to $2000 to win. Add in the Kings Royal, the Knoxville Nationals and the Williams Grove National Open, all winged races, and there is way more money making potential in winged sprint car racing than non-winged.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
12/15/20, 7:50 AM   #3
Crankin

http://www.williamsgrove.com/newsarc...cle.php?id=367

12/16/20, 11:08 PM   #4
cowboyhar69

And Clausen Marshall Racing announced tonight that they will run the All Star circuit in 2021 with Tyler Courtney

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

12/17/20, 1:20 AM   #5
Re: On Loudpedal Podcast
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
And Clausen Marshall Racing announced tonight that they will run the All Star circuit in 2021 with Tyler Courtney
Wow. I can totally understand the $$$ issue, but he's right at the top of wingless & still learning with the wing, not really a contender yet.
I much prefer to see him without a wing.... oh well

12/17/20, 4:18 AM   #6
gnomesayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Wow. I can totally understand the $$$ issue, but he's right at the top of wingless & still learning with the wing, not really a contender yet.
I much prefer to see him without a wing.... oh well
I think non-wing is the purest racing there is, but the money and acclaim are on the winged side, and that is growing fast currently. I think Courtney and Windom feel the need to prove they can perform over there.

Tyler improved a lot last year, and with Reutzel gone and more PA guys perhaps staying home to chase increased money there, I can see him running top five with ASCoC somewhat regularly. He'll probably be inconsistent, but if this is his goal, he needs a lot of seat time and All Stars is probably the right level for him at this time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > On Loudpedal Podcast