IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Move to Indiana
11/23/10, 11:24 AM   #1
Move to Indiana
Dalton Dietrich

Race Count This Year: 55

I live currently in Pennsylvania, but plan to move to indiana when I graduate high school. I race currently and dont want to take too much time off. However, I am willing to take a small break till i could afford it, or I could find a ride.

So....question?

Would a move to Indiana be worthwhile? and are midgets run weekly at any tracks in Indiana.

11/23/10, 12:05 PM   #2
Re: Move to Indiana
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton Dietrich View Post
I live currently in Pennsylvania, but plan to move to indiana when I graduate high school. I race currently and dont want to take too much time off. However, I am willing to take a small break till i could afford it, or I could find a ride.

So....question?

Would a move to Indiana be worthwhile? and are midgets run weekly at any tracks in Indiana.
The move is worthwhile if you run a sprint car on dirt. A midget - not so much. The only real dirt midget races run is midget week and the Hut 100 and a couple of others. Then you have USAC and USSA "regional" races in and around Indiana which is pavement. JMO.

P.S. Do you run ARDC or?
Last edited by Seadog; 11/23/10 at 12:42 PM.

11/23/10, 1:10 PM   #3
sprinter25

PowrI???

11/23/10, 4:57 PM   #4
Dalton Dietrich

I actually run a 270 micro sprint. Honestly, If i could afford a midget I would run ARDC, at least until a Nat. ride (USAC) became available. Sprint cars would be my ultimate goal but id take a midget ride as a stepping stone. Ive been told by a good driver in IN. that the move would be worth trying if i had the money and really wanted to do it. Although i dont know if he means money (for racing) or money for like living.

11/23/10, 5:05 PM   #5
wright59

They don't run the 270 midgets anywhere in Indiana that I know of. If you are looking to run micro's then yes there a a few good tracks that run different classes of 600's. If you are looking to make a living at it or get a free ride, well good luck with that one because there is a long line of very tough drivers that would sell their soul for that one. Good luck:36

11/23/10, 5:12 PM   #6
Dalton Dietrich

no... i AM looking to move up, but I dont want a "free". I can help somewhat financially, and help with work etc. Also, I would love to do it for a living but I actually had planned to build cars. I also understand their alot of good drivers. I know a few myself.

11/23/10, 6:52 PM   #7
cmiracingvids

I'd move here. I DID move here and all I currently race is dirt go
karts. But there's a ton of those tracks around here too. You could also try TQ Midgets as a stepping stone. UMRA TQ midgets race all over Indiana during the summer...both dirt and pavement.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Dalton Dietrich
11/23/10, 7:09 PM   #8
Dalton Dietrich

What are TQ midgets? and the point of this move/discussion is that im looking for a ride. I cant afford an operation over micro sprints.

11/23/10, 7:42 PM   #9
njtraveler

Stay in PA if you plan on moving "up" affordably. Especially with that last name....

11/23/10, 8:20 PM   #10
wideopen24

Im 21 years old and live in Ohio.... I drive sprintcars 2-3 nights a week in Ohio and Indiana and have for 3 years I own all my own stuff and rent a shop.... I drive about 2 hours most fridays to Gascity come back home and run Waynesfield on saturday and then make the 3 hour sunday haul to Kokomo(greatest drit track in the world)... I have worked for race teams in Indiana and Ohio and planned on moving there to continue my racing and be closer to the tracks I run....

The problem is..... unless you have about 50-100 grand you wont find a ride in Indiana period. Guys like Dave Darland and Jon Stanbough still sit at home sometimes because there arent very many teams the hire on talent alone... if your hoping to move to Indiana to find any ride you better have a big wallet coming with you... if your coming just to re-locate and still own your own stuff DO IT!!!!! Indiana is the best LOCATION in the world for a racer....but its not the place to get a ride... My point is I still live in Ohio and drive to Indy... there would be no benefit for me to leave my friends and family other than location....

Also...PA seems like the place to be for Midget racing and there Winged Sprintcar purses are 10 times better then out local purse here.... Some of the best drivers in the country move to P.A. because of the compition and money!!!
Last edited by wideopen24; 11/23/10 at 8:23 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Move to Indiana