IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New tracks in phoenix!
9/10/10, 6:54 PM   #21
Re: New Tracks in Phoenix Area!!........
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsprinter View Post
i'll be headin ta phx at noon fri....special called meeting sat. With boys at club on w.mcdowell rd....also be lookin ta stock up on some rebel yell for tulsa!!....hate for duke ta run short,n' spoil things happenin' in the 'outback'....mite be checkin in on some of the local ascs boys while in phx...ta see if they can add anything ta cshuman's info he's reported on!!....thanks casey,fingers are crossed!!..that is one of the reasons i moved closer ta phx..the other is the 'pas'.........

9/11/10, 4:01 AM   #22
Re: New tracks in phoenix!
KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Me too! We could be neighbors again!
David.
Yea but return my tools next time Dave

9/11/10, 11:17 AM   #23
New Tracks in Phoenix Area!!........
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
hey there racer! They have half gallons in t town!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yepper!!...hadn't forgot you told me that bout Tulsa...round corner on Yale,right side of street out front...can't miss it...just like ta hammer on ya once in awhile!!....just ta make sure ur out there still!!!!????.....n' looky here who appears!!...whaz up Duke??....hayburners treatn ya all rite??........

9/12/10, 9:13 PM   #24
Fontana180

The commute from the west side (goodyear)on 10 was not at all bad going to Manzy, I did it the last two years. most traffic was going the opposite direction. They should do something short track wise out here at PIR.

9/12/10, 9:50 PM   #25
PittDude

A friend of mine saw a plan a couple of years ago with a drag strip, a paved oval, 2 dirt oval, bmx track, & a motorcross track to have been built on the indian reservation east of Scottsdale.

But it fell through and now it's the new Spring Training home of the Dbacks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by PittDude; 9/12/10 at 9:51 PM.

9/13/10, 6:26 AM   #26
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsprinter View Post
yepper!!...hadn't forgot you told me that bout tulsa...round corner on yale,right side of street out front...can't miss it...just like ta hammer on ya once in awhile!!....just ta make sure ur out there still!!!!????.....n' looky here who appears!!...whaz up duke??....hayburners treatn ya all rite??........

9/13/10, 9:44 AM   #27
New Tracks in Phoenix Area!!........
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
ok horse are doing ok!
Couldn't be better Duke!!...now that WORK doesn't get in da way of my Race Trips!!....here in Phx....ready ta head back across the Desert....mite havta come back for open Practace on Wed at Canyon tho....

11/26/10, 7:29 PM   #28
racinround

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy View Post
This is news to me! E.T. Motopark is supposed to start building a 3/8ths dirt track soon,but I've heard nothing about a paved track or a dragstrip.Care to share your sources Duke?
Got this yesterday from ET, thought I'd pass it along.

From ET Motopark 11/25 12:10pm
Dirt Track Enthusiasts . We were fully approved yesterday from Pinal County. A huge thank you to Board Members, Members of the Counsel, and County Planners.

What a great way to top off Thanksgiving!!

2 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, IndyBound
11/26/10, 7:43 PM   #29
Scott Daloisio

That is great news!

11/26/10, 8:24 PM   #30
bigmojo5

I think the key part of the statement about being built on a landfill is that it was in a "not so good" part of town. Few people want to go to races at a place they fear they might robbed on the way to, or from, the track.

Many things have been built on landfills, including the southern tip of Manhatten. All of the debris from the World Trade Center was landfilled and new expensive high rises built on it. Before that, the southern tip was filled in for several decades in the 1700s and 1800s. Interesting to look at an accurate map of it then and now. It's happened in many places.

As far as the track, I just hope they don't bite off more financially than they can chew and wind up like the X-Plex, or Gateway International. Do it like Baltes did Eldora -- a little bit at a time.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New tracks in phoenix!