IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PowerI updates from Ill
3/30/09, 11:16 PM   #61
Re: PowerI updates from Ill
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75crew View Post
the actions by both brads may or may not be acceptable in the racing eye but seeing brad loyet's actions after the race have made me lose all respect for him. working on another midget there that night i happened to see Loyet take his transponder off of his car and throw it at the POWRi ladies. that is not acceptable. then while loading his car into the trailer Nick Knepper confronted Loyet about throwing the transponder. Than when Nick was turning around to walk away Loyet shoved him into a mud puddle. He then hid behind his daddy when the cops arrived. this is not something done by a gentleman or a nice guy.
I think someone is full of it. :O:

3/31/09, 6:55 AM   #62
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWingsPlease View Post
I go to many POWRI shows and enjoy them greatly. I know the Browns, Kneppers, Siners, Loyets, and everybody else in POWRI. Good people and good families. I watched Brad Kuhn dump Brett Anderson at Belle-Clair, Nick Knepper use Derrick Meyers for traction at Macon, Justin Allgaier drive through Ricky Erghott until he flipped him. I do not believe that any penalties were handed down in those instances, but now we have contact from a slide job that did not bend a piece of a car and we disqualify the driver. Both drivers are aggressive and Kuhn would admit he would have done the same thing. I think the quote at Belle-Clair about the Anderson incident was, "Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug.

I belive if I had a win taken away I would be upset too. Coming over to confront a driver at his trailer about something you were not involved probably was not the brightest idea on Nick's part. I like Nick, good kid, but just as aggressive as Loyet and knows how to crash himself as well as others. Brad Kuhn know his way around the roll bars. Just ask Benic about Pennsylvania. I have seen him tear up plenty of stuff in some not so bright moves. Anyone who drives open wheel cars long enough and runs hard will tear stuff up and take a few chances. I am not ripping on Kuhn, he is good but no choir boy.

Here is my question. What will POWRI do when they go to Macon and Belle-Clair and there are 7 slide jobs per lap? Will each driver be penalized when another car is touched. At these two tracks it is the only way to pass. If you cant throw sliders without the risk of being disqualified the racing will be extremely lame. I really hope it does not come down to who throws the slide job as compared to who receives them.
good post - officials let their emotions get the best of them the other night

3/31/09, 7:15 AM   #63
Al Soran

I don't know either driver, but I can tell you this, if I (or say you), had driven my a$$ off for 20+ laps only to finally catch the leader going into three on the last lap, I am not going to back off an inch. I'm going in as hard as I can, and I am going to do everything in my power to win the race. It seems odd to have to explain this on this board, but in a race, first car/driver across the line wins. Period. If racing is about being nice and respectable, AJ Foyt would have never been heard of. Steve Kinser would be a wrestling coach at Bloomington High School. A punch after the race....in the heat of the moment,...it's going to happen. To take the win away......That's wrong! A race should never be decided off the track. If we're going to do that, why even push them off? Let's just draw straws and go home.

3/31/09, 5:16 PM   #64
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracin28 View Post
First off Brad Kuhn is the biggest cry baby in the pits! Second I know Brad Loyet is the younger of the two Brads and acted like the bigger man in the situation. There was nothing wrong with the pass that Brad made. Tell me why Kuhn didn't protect the bottom or tap the brakes and drive right back under Loyet to take the win. Tell me why a little rr to lf contact is so bad. There isn't a person in the stands that attended the races last year that didn't want to come back because of Loyet. Did anyone not see the Bud Oval Nationals this year? Hockett says in his RACE WINNING interview that he probly didn't make any friends tonight but he didn't come to make friends he came to win. Hmmmmmmmm I bet he had some dirty slide jobs. BTW I didn't see Loyet standing behind his dad after the races. I saw a guy who drove his ass off by running Kuhn down from a straightaway back and having the race taken away from him. For all you Brad Kuhn fans I bet anything that he would have done the same thing and you guys would think he was the best racecar driver ever. End of story!
:moon: i gues your a loyet fan. All your whinning gave me a hint....

3/31/09, 5:21 PM   #65
Joe Kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Brad Kuhn Fan View Post
:moon: i gues your a loyet fan. All your whinning gave me a hint....
Look who is crying now! :O:

3/31/09, 8:50 PM   #66
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe kidd View Post
look who is crying now! :o:
lol.

4/1/09, 7:32 AM   #67
Knoke77

4/1/09, 9:19 AM   #68
speed9

Original post all I wanter was the updates, Sorry.

4/1/09, 10:18 AM   #69
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracin28 View Post
Guess your a *** based on your member name!
9 posts and you are calling someone a ***. Real classy. I hope the admins boot your butt off the board. We seem to argue like hell around here sometimes but name calling is uncalled for. bet you wouldnt do that under your real name.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/1/09, 11:44 AM   #70
AFR37X

:sleep: All this talk about the drivers. How about someone talk about the old pontiac. :applaud: 20 year old engine! o and yes it is a 166. Thank's AJ

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PowerI updates from Ill