IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jackslash.com (Offline)
  #11 7/6/10 2:45 AM
Add Bud Kaeding to the list. He told me he was running 3 nights.....
4 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound, JCC, jerrydt
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #12 7/6/10 7:00 AM
I know Toledo was a pavement race and most of these guys listed below only run pavement. I did notice there was quite a few Californians racing.

Tanner Swanson, Kody Swanson, Tony Hunt, Henry Clarke, Damion Gardner and Jojo Helberg. I know Clarke and Gardner have been in Indiana for awhile and Clauson and East are a little removed from being Californians. All in all 8 of 20 guys are from the left coast.

While this post has nothing to do with sprint week, they sure do love there racing out west.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #13 7/6/10 8:35 AM
Actually I still miss the CRA Midwest tour. They were CRA point races and many usac and some WOO guys would try to take some bread as well. The competition was stellar and we got to see Rip, MCSpadden, Haudenschild, Even Steve kinser once. Ole Bub, Leonard Lee and many others who made the tour.

Sprint weeks been averaging about 7-10 non Indiana/Usac Regulars witch is good. I know last year some ASCS guys chose 7 races in 13 nights vs their tours 3-4 races in two weeks. Some tracks you could actually compete well with a 360.

Usac national has to haul out there twice for points why can't USAC/CRA come out once?

I really hope Qualifications are 1 car at a time, For the fan its more intense to be able to watch one racer give it their all vs trying to keep track of five at a time.

Chuck, who loves the competition of Sprint Week, Really for about the first ten years the cars and competition were there, The fans weren't

Charles Nungester
RGardner (Offline)
  #14 7/6/10 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by mortboyz:
Wish Ronnie Gardner was comin.....
Wish I was too! Its a dream of mine. Maybe one day.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, PAW
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #15 7/6/10 11:09 AM
Buckley, any info on which 3 nights BK is running? Thanks in advance.
RGraves (Offline)
  #16 7/6/10 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Jackslash.com:
Add Bud Kaeding to the list. He told me he was running 3 nights.....
What 3 nights is he going to run?
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #17 7/6/10 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Actually I still miss the CRA Midwest tour. They were CRA point races and many usac and some WOO guys would try to take some bread as well. The competition was stellar and we got to see Rip, MCSpadden, Haudenschild, Even Steve kinser once. Ole Bub, Leonard Lee and many others who made the tour.

Sprint weeks been averaging about 7-10 non Indiana/Usac Regulars witch is good. I know last year some ASCS guys chose 7 races in 13 nights vs their tours 3-4 races in two weeks. Some tracks you could actually compete well with a 360.

Usac national has to haul out there twice for points why can't USAC/CRA come out once?

I really hope Qualifications are 1 car at a time, For the fan its more intense to be able to watch one racer give it their all vs trying to keep track of five at a time.

Chuck, who loves the competition of Sprint Week, Really for about the first ten years the cars and competition were there, The fans weren't
According to the Sprint Week entry forms, it will be Group Qualifying

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
BuckeyeBullet (Offline)
  #18 7/6/10 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
According to the Sprint Week entry forms, it will be Group Qualifying
Yeah, I posted about this in another thread a few days ago, apparently I'm one of only a few disappointed by this decision. There's something different about single car qualifying for ISW, added tension I suppose. I found it very exciting. Guess I will need to give group qualifying a chance though.
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #19 7/6/10 11:59 AM
JMG!!....depending on Buds West Coast Sched.,I'd bet it will be last (3) races.. closest dates to him runing Big Cars at T.H.A.T. on 21st,ORP on 22nd!!..mabe we'll get a confirmation on which ones they'll be??......Added thought!!...how bout a 10-12 lap Big Car Hot lap session at some point during T.H.A.T. ISW show!!......I know!!...I know!!...just a thought!!.......
  #20 7/6/10 12:14 PM
AS, I hope you are right because those will be the three that I am at!!