IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Odessa Updates
6/23/13, 7:54 AM   #31
Re: Lake Odessa Updates
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Lucas Oil LMs the other night only had 18 paying ten thou to win.

My guess is the forecast kept a few teams from making the trip. I mean they already got dumped on the night before.

6/23/13, 8:44 AM   #32
3wide

Not only the distance and forecast, but LPS was paying $2500 (half of what USAC pays), is much closer to home for many teams, and most of the "top teams" were in Michigan..

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
6/23/13, 9:11 AM   #33
staggerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget 89 View Post
Thanks, Charles. Guess I had hoped for a larger field. But it's a long tow and there's not many Michigan cars around to bolster the field.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/23/13, 10:50 AM   #34
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

I enjoyed the trip up there. Nice facility. I'd support the place if I lived close. The car count was what I expected going in. I mostly went because it's a place I had never been to. With the weather, I actually lucked out as north was the place to go.

Again, that's why radar and forecasts don't make the final call for me. A zero percent chance of rain the other night = a monsoon. Last night was "iffy", and I didn't see a rain cloud all day. Win some, lose some in the race fan game.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/23/13, 11:10 AM   #35
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Outlaws only had 23 cars the other week there.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
6/23/13, 11:26 AM   #36
chop

I like to thank the usac cars that raced last night. I also would like to thank the local cars that showed up and raced also. Michigan is more of a stock car state. We only have one track that races weekly sprint cars and they are winged ,also race on Sat nights. The only other two groups we have are SOD (360) and the MTS. So thinking we were going to have a big turn out of local cars is not going to happen

6/23/13, 3:27 PM   #37
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I like to thank the usac cars that raced last night. I also would like to thank the local cars that showed up and raced also. Michigan is more of a stock car state. We only have one track that races weekly sprint cars and they are winged ,also race on Sat nights. The only other two groups we have are SOD (360) and the MTS. So thinking we were going to have a big turn out of local cars is not going to happen
Couldn't agree more!

6/23/13, 3:29 PM   #38
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
There were 21 MTS nonwingers running Friday in MI but just a shame very few came out to run with USAC.

Posted via Mobile Device
MTS is nothing and I mean NOTHING like the level of competition of the talent pool Indiana has to draw from... They're more like a club racing group with a handful (maybe) of truly talented guys... With all due respect of course...

6/23/13, 5:01 PM   #39
Bad Dad 54

Only way to be 100% sure of the weather is a weather rock wet - raining, bright - sun shining, swinging - windy, white - snowing, missing? - tornado take cover. There were 4 MTS cars there, 1 told me he was so outclassed w/ these USAC powerhouses. he just wanted to run once w/ them. I saw him pull off in the feature, Bares, Irwin, Steinbach, & Strpko were from MTS. One MTS racer said they didn't want to buy a tire just for one race. There were2 from Canada Mahoney & Watson. 1 from NRA/SOD group Dalman. I did enjoy the show & the track which I've had issues w/ in the past. All did a good job, track wasn't as dusty as in the past.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lake Odessa Updates