Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City
4/15/14, 9:33 PM   #11
Re: Gas City
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
they generally do start strait up when time trialing, and how exciting is that (not) and it wears out the track life/ now if the fastest qualifier started tail and the slowest started on the pole like they did in the past, I'd say hell yeah to qualifying!
The majority of the time they have an invert so they don't qualify and start straight up in the heats or the feature. The semi yes, the rest no.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cwfan08, FishBurger, RacinBabe
4/15/14, 9:45 PM   #12
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I don't know the format being used..but I think the drivers like qualifying..in most cases with pill draw you have a bad draw your pretty much screwed the rest of the night, especially if you are in a loaded heat..It gives the lower budget teams a little more of a chance plus gives them extra seat time. I am excited for Friday..I actually just got off the phone with Mel not to long ago. I think Gas City is going in the right direction. Jiggs did a phenomenal job with the place and I think Mel can take it to new heights. I just hope everyone gives the track a chance..look past the bleachers etc..plus you will get to see sprint cars and midgets on the same bill each night

Tyler

4/15/14, 10:25 PM   #13
Mud Packer

I have known Mel for 40 years. I had the chance to talk with him briefly at Kokomo on Saturday night and he seems very excited with the chance to promote Gas City/I-69 Speedway. I told him that I wished him all the luck in the world. I also told him that we would be there with our butts in the bleachers as many race nights as possible. Looking forward to midgets joining the program on a regular basis.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4/16/14, 1:32 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Come on Johnny, You can't tell me you didn't enjoy The Stash going second to last at the Burg and setting fast time?

Or Leary laying a hell of a lap at Brownstown, I was sitting up in one and he was just digging for all it was worth.

Qualifying ROCK, Its from the Days of Yore and It should be found all along I-84

On a not so lesser note, THE STASH will be at GC fri and Eldora Sat.

4/16/14, 10:06 AM   #15
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfan08 View Post
Gas City is set to open Friday night. I am looking forward to it. It should be an interesting year with qualifying being brought back into the sprint cars and midgets being added to the program weekly. If you havent looked yet they have a new website up http://www.gascityi69speedway.org/. I noticed the other day they have added a few money shows..and Aug 8th really caught my attention. I am hoping its a very successful year for Mel as this is his first go around with promoting the track. Everyone have a great week.

Tyler
I noticed the new Gas City website has places to list points for Sprint Cars, Modifieds and Thunder Cars. No mention of midgets. Thought that was odd.

4/16/14, 10:18 AM   #16
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Up until right now I didnt notice there were tabs for points..I am sure they will figure something out.

Ty

4/17/14, 8:52 PM   #17
johnnythunderhead
Banned

a bad draw for starting position is no worse than a bad draw for timetrialing position, I'm sorry folks, but for the most part I see it as a waste of time, a track prep determent and a set up for follow the leader racing/ aside from that, which I see as a miniscule issue, I wish the new promoter well and hope the midgets take off right out of the box and do nothing but continue to grow from there!

4/17/14, 9:31 PM   #18
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Will there be midgets at the USAC show?

4/17/14, 10:50 PM   #19
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
Will there be midgets at the USAC show?
According to the schedule it will be the USAC HDP midgets.

4/18/14, 1:13 AM   #20
i love dirt track racing

Hope to see some iow fans at gas city.

3 members like this post: cwfan08, mc/rider, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City