IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora USAC this Saturday
4/20/14, 1:51 PM   #61
NOSTINKINWINGS

$$$$$ for Jumbotrons and Flamethrowers but not the surface.. If the "Greens" ever show up they'll have the place shut down for wasting water. Only go to support the racers. Sad!!!

4/20/14, 5:11 PM   #62
jpa317

Great night at the big E for me and my girls.

Positives
+ show ran like clockwork.
+ a win for DD and the 71 team
+ heats 1 and 2 were epic. Fantastic battles. Anybody else thinks so?
+ support classes were entertaining
+ stocktons move to repass DD after the first restart was very impressive.
+ it wasn't snowing

Negatives
- dust during the feature
- the concession trailer wasn't setup in turn 1 yet. No tenderloin for me.

Looking forward to the BOSS show next month.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, johnnythunderhead, MWestfallfan54, racegal
4/20/14, 5:53 PM   #63
Re: Eldora USAC this Saturday
cowboyhar69

Here is the video from last night...from Eldora's Facebook page...scroll down and it is on the left side.

https://www.facebook.com/eldoraspeedway?fref=nf

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Last edited by cowboyhar69; 4/20/14 at 5:54 PM.

4 members like this post: johnnythunderhead, MWestfallfan54, racegal, wright59
4/20/14, 6:43 PM   #64
gtownplowboy

Seems to me that ever since they put up the suites in 3 and 4 the dust has no where to go. If you watch the video 1 and 2 is a lot different than 3 and 4.agreed that the surface needs something, but in my opinion the huge skyscrapers in 3 and 4 have a little something to do with it too. j.m.o. see you at the races. Don

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
4/20/14, 8:52 PM   #65
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Here is the video from last night...from Eldora's Facebook page...scroll down and it is on the left side.

https://www.facebook.com/eldoraspeedway?fref=nf
Thank you for sharing!!!!

4/20/14, 9:11 PM   #66
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa317 View Post
Great night at the big E for me and my girls.

Positives
+ show ran like clockwork.
+ a win for DD and the 71 team
+ heats 1 and 2 were epic. Fantastic battles. Anybody else thinks so?
+ support classes were entertaining
+ stocktons move to repass DD after the first restart was very impressive.
+ it wasn't snowing

Negatives
- dust during the feature
- the concession trailer wasn't setup in turn 1 yet. No tenderloin for me.

Looking forward to the BOSS show next month.
Chase STOCKON is great driver and great young man and it blows my mind some people still don't get his name right!!

6 members like this post: AB Racing, Bushwacker, jerrythar500, Nate, racing2bwithu2, SHORTBUS
4/21/14, 11:27 AM   #67
BIGEBUDMAN

Last edited by BIGEBUDMAN; 4/21/14 at 11:40 AM.

4/21/14, 11:39 AM   #68
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
dust hasn't been a problem? what race were you at? they watered the track , worked the track, watered the track and it still turned to dust, I'd say its time to get rid of the farm dirt and lay down some legitimate sticky-squishy clay that'll hold some water! the racing was fairly good no thanks to the dust bowl, congratulations mr. darland. could not believe it, in fact it made me laugh, the guy behind me booed dave darland AFTER THE RACE WHILE EVERYONE ELSE APPLAUDED. I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYONE BOO DARLAND BEFORE, I FIGURE HE DID IT FOR COMIC RELIEF? I must agree with mr. fishburger, the track was well staffed and ran a smooth professional show, they did all they could with the track surface too, its just beyond help though I'm afraid!
AGREE COMPLTELY, There is just no excuse to have a dust bowl!, Show was ran great and the racing was good. I was there at 3pm looked at the obvious completely dry track half way up and running the top in like it was soaked. Hard to understand that! All in all I got my moneys worth! If I knew exactly what was gonna happen before I got there I would still go. Just a shame track prep continues to be a problem there. I guess thats Why I go to Lawrenceburg most weekends. Great to see DD win and especially Hewitt show up for a visit!

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, duel, FishBurger, johnnythunderhead, RichH
4/21/14, 2:47 PM   #69
RichH

[QUOTE=gtownplowboy;371846]Seems to me that ever since they put up the suites in 3 and 4 the dust has no where to go. If you watch the video 1 and 2 is a lot different than 3 and 4.agreed that the surface needs something, but in my opinion the huge skyscrapers in 3 and 4 have a little something to do with it too. j.m.o. see you at the races. Don[/QUOTE we've sat in turn four for 50 no kidding years. The dust problem long predates the suites

2 members like this post: 2fast4u, FishBurger
4/21/14, 9:52 PM   #70
thebus79h

The other side to this coin is if the track is to heavy, then everyone will complain its one lane around the botyom/middle.

I'll dive into that and a few other reasons why I think the way I do on this weeks show.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora USAC this Saturday