IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg April 19th!!
4/20/14, 6:04 PM   #11
Re: Burg April 19th!!
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

15 Sprints
8 Modifieds
17 Pure Stocks
14 Hornets

Sprint Feature:
Hupp 94
Moffett 5J
Simon 24
Westerfall 89
Tmez from 15th.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: RacinBabe
4/20/14, 6:31 PM   #12
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Thats it?
Chuck is a man of few words! With that being said, it was an interesting night at da Burg. With a rather low car count, I was concerned about the quality of racing for the evening. Also, the Mayor of Greendale and exaluted ruler of Section A, Marvelous Marvin Q. Fishburger was no where to be found. Word on the street had him flying off with second in command Gregg to parts unknown. Even our cheeseburger loving beat writer, aka Danny B was off on assignment. So that left Section A to Dirtfan and his better half and myself. We had no unruly ones in the crowd except for the ones in charge, mainly Mrs. Dirtfan.

The heats were pretty tame with each one gauranteed a starting berth in the A main. After track promoter Rudy, aka Bozo, put some water on the track and sold that one extra hot dog we were off to feature time. Shawn Westerfell bolted out of the gate and opened up a couple of second lead. There was racing back behind him and they were trying to settle in to see who would challenge him. As many times happens for the leader, the dreaded yellow happened and Shawn's lead was gone.

Logan Hupp seized the opportunity and dispatched Mr. Westerfeld back to second place. It was shortly there after that Joss Moffatt in the 5j also made his way around Westerfeld. Meanwhile Thomas Meseraull was hauling it from the tail trying to get into the top 5. Landon Simon took the final podium spot away from Westerfeld near the end and T-Mez was up to 5th when the checkers flew.

With the hour still early (8:30 PM) we decided to stay and watch the rest of the features. I don't often do that with the drive time and all but they also put on a decent show. Thanks to Rudy for inviting us down to Lawrenceburg Speedway. We always enjoy his hospitality.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Last edited by Mud Packer; 4/20/14 at 6:54 PM.

4/20/14, 9:17 PM   #13
Gregg

I speak to the Mayor and myself in that we were glad we left Section A in such capable hands. We did take the evening off to chase the USAC sprinters. Upon reading how bad we had it at the big E , this prodigal son will be returning next week.

3 members like this post: dirt330, Dirtfan, Mud Packer
4/21/14, 12:24 AM   #14
johnnythunderhead
Banned

yup i'll be back next week after a 2 week lay off (the midgets at kokomo left me speechless, while I left Eldora thinking 'is that all there is'

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg April 19th!!