IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Lawrenceburg 5/18
5/19/19, 2:12 PM   #21
sprinter14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierboy3 View Post
He claimed the penalty to be too harsh and is up in the air on returning for another race. Idk how the rules work with the radios I’m just seeing what he’s put on Twitter and I know he doesn’t sugar coat things. Wish I would’ve been there to see him charge to the front though. Also to see Bilbee pass Weir for the win. Sounds like a good night
The PENALTY was for being hard on the gas with push trucks still pushing no less than 6 times, despite about a dozen warnings over the radio that every single other driver obeyed. The cause of that infraction was the lack of a radio (or properly working one). Also, as Chuck pointed out, he got no qualifying time because they failed to even put their transponder ON the car for hot laps.

We spoke with T Mez at length after the show and he was not even mad. Heck, he’s planning to run my FAST winged event this weekend at I-96 in Michigan.

5/19/19, 2:20 PM   #22
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

AQ... rest assured, ilovedirttrackracing is alive and well. He did enjoy the great racing events at The Burg last night. I do think he is on leave of absence from IOW due to some technological difficulties with his cellular device. But, I can confirm that the world renowned ilovedirttrackracing is putting together his schedule of great racing events for this next week. He will be attending several. The word on the street is that, the cooler will be packed with plenty on reserve for the long weekend of racing events. I'm sure he would want you to know to have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend enjoying all of the great racing festivities. Thanks 🤣

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, tirespinner
5/19/19, 2:51 PM   #23
hoosierboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter14 View Post
The PENALTY was for being hard on the gas with push trucks still pushing no less than 6 times, despite about a dozen warnings over the radio that every single other driver obeyed. The cause of that infraction was the lack of a radio (or properly working one). Also, as Chuck pointed out, he got no qualifying time because they failed to even put their transponder ON the car for hot laps.

We spoke with T Mez at length after the show and he was not even mad. Heck, he’s planning to run my FAST winged event this weekend at I-96 in Michigan.

Gotcha. Like I said, just relaying what I got from his Twitter posts. Which is still posted. Hopefully Mother Nature allows the WoO show for Memorial Day, I have some friends that will be first timers to a sprint car event. I like to take my “sprint car virgins” to the Burg simply because you can’t beat the facilities. Also, $15 for a sack of 6 cold beers on ice ain’t a bad deal either. On a side note - not sure if Landon Simon was in attendance last night, I know he was at Gas City and that car is definitely one of the sharpest looking rides this year. Beautifully done! 👍
Last edited by hoosierboy3; 5/19/19 at 3:10 PM.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
5/19/19, 2:55 PM   #24
sprinter14

Quote:
Gotcha. Like I said, just relaying what I got from his Twitter posts. Which is still posted. Hopefully Mother Nature allows the WoO show for Memorial Day, I have some friends that will be first timers to a sprint car event. I like to take my “sprint car virgins” to the Burg simply because you can’t beat the facilities. Also, $15 for a sack of 6 cold beers on ice ain’t a bad deal either. On a side note - not sure if Landon Simon was in attendance last night, I know he was at Gas City and that car is definitely won of the sharpest looking rides this year. Beautifully done! 👍

No problem man, Landon WAS with us last night but something took him from the running in the main event.

And I agree, the Burg has the nicest facility in the Midwest to take first timers. We’ve taken many there for their first sprint experience.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/19/19, 6:27 PM   #25
Re: BOSS at Lawrenceburg 5/18
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout18 View Post
AQ... rest assured, ilovedirttrackracing is alive and well. He did enjoy the great racing events at The Burg last night. I do think he is on leave of absence from IOW due to some technological difficulties with his cellular device. But, I can confirm that the world renowned ilovedirttrackracing is putting together his schedule of great racing events for this next week. He will be attending several. The word on the street is that, the cooler will be packed with plenty on reserve for the long weekend of racing events. I'm sure he would want you to know to have a great and safe Memorial Day weekend enjoying all of the great racing festivities. Thanks 🤣

Well I'm glad one of the "Racing Family" has checked in to let us know Rick wasnt missing the racing action,and that he's just missing the action here.Hopefully the weather will be nice for all the great racing events going on this week,and the cooler wont get totally depleted. Maybe I'll come to Terre Haute on Wednesday,just to watch him in action standing up and yelling "GO Ballou" so I can holler at him to sit down,this isnt a NASCAR race...Like I've had to do in the past.

What other great racing events are you guys going to? Surely back to the Burg so Mail Man can watch the wings......

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
5/19/19, 10:28 PM   #26
Leroy Jenkins

Quote:
Gotcha. Like I said, just relaying what I got from his Twitter posts. Which is still posted. Hopefully Mother Nature allows the WoO show for Memorial Day, I have some friends that will be first timers to a sprint car event. I like to take my “sprint car virgins” to the Burg simply because you can’t beat the facilities. Also, $15 for a sack of 6 cold beers on ice ain’t a bad deal either. On a side note - not sure if Landon Simon was in attendance last night, I know he was at Gas City and that car is definitely one of the sharpest looking rides this year. Beautifully done! 👍
$15 for 6 beers is a deal? 😂

2 members like this post: sprinter14, tirespinner
5/20/19, 12:05 AM   #27
hoosierboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
$15 for 6 beers is a deal? 😂
Compared to most other events that you have to buy a ticket for, yes. Unless you bring your own in (if even permitted). Better than $10.75 a piece while watching the sorry Cincy Reds get pummeled.

5/20/19, 7:20 AM   #28
Leroy Jenkins

Quote:
Compared to most other events that you have to buy a ticket for, yes. Unless you bring your own in (if even permitted). Better than $10.75 a piece while watching the sorry Cincy Reds get pummeled.
Yeah I don't understand how it's a state law that you can't bring alcohol in at Lawrenceburg, but you can bring it in at the Indy 500 🤔

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at Lawrenceburg 5/18