IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR Cup Race @ KY Speedway 7/9/11
8/10/10, 3:48 PM   #11
Re: NASCAR Cup Race @ KY Speedway 7/9/11
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

[QUOTE=Seadog;188873]
I'm thinking if they have ISW at the 'burg on July 8th, maybe some of the NASCAR crowd could wander over that Friday night and put some a$$es in the seats.

QUOTE]

I’d love to see it for Dave’s bottom line.

As a fan however, keep hard-core Ricky Bobby fan as far away from me as possible. Let’s just say I find their track etiquette lacking.

8/10/10, 4:02 PM   #12
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Will the BY 400 date be moved in '11? I guess it would be on July 31 if they don't?

I'm thinking if they have ISW at the 'burg on July 8th, maybe some of the NASCAR crowd could wander over that Friday night and put some a$$es in the seats.

Just thinking out loud here.
Gregg, according to an unofficial Nationwide schedule they have them at O'Reilly July 30th so as now I would say the BY 400 will be July 31st unless Nascar changes the schedule.

REH

1 member likes this post: Seadog
8/10/10, 4:08 PM   #13
Seadog

[QUOTE=openwheelKT;188881]
Quote:

QUOTE]

As a fan however, keep hard-core Ricky Bobby fan as far away from me as possible. Let’s just say I find their track etiquette lacking.
I believe you're talking about standing room only, even when there are plenty of places for NASCAR fans to sit?

8/10/10, 5:36 PM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by REH24 View Post
When Ky tried for a Cup race at first didn't NASCAR balked because of being so close to Indy they thought it would hurt the attendence, now they have them schedule 3 weeks apart. Time sure have changed, will be interested just to see how this plays out in attendence for Indy.

REH
If you remember Indy really didn;t have near the crowd it used to

1 member likes this post: REH24
8/10/10, 6:23 PM   #15
Vukie

QUOTE] Let’s just say I find their track etiquette lacking.[/QUOTE]

... and they don't like parrots either...

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
8/10/10, 6:55 PM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

[QUOTE=openwheelKT;188881]
Quote:

QUOTE]

The last thing that we need at Indiana Sprintweek is Cooter & Bubba standing in front of you blocking your view and showing trouser cleavage all night. Worse yet, they would be hollering boogity, boogity, boogity, getter done!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, jim goerge, mowerman
8/10/10, 7:08 PM   #17
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
If you remember Indy really didn;t have near the crowd it used to
Even at that its still the highest attended race on the schedule

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/10/10, 7:18 PM   #18
PAW

I can't belive anybody's even worring about it.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
8/10/10, 7:40 PM   #19
fishnman

IMO, I think you might get alot of new hardcore race fans at the Burg on that Friday if that is the date for I.S.W., Alot of them having not seen a Real Sprint car race, with the result being instead of hardcore race fans you will have hardcore Sprint car fans.

As for Kentucky Speedway, congratulations on your Cup date. I actually 8 years ago went to Ky for a Busch series race with Tommy Bipes. (Free 65 dollar tickets) Lap 86 he looked at me and said: " Ya know Dave, if we leave now we should be able to catch the Sprint feature at L-burg". In 15 minutes we were in the car and looking back at the grandstand. Nuff said!

8/10/10, 9:25 PM   #20
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

From a personal standpoint, it will affect me driving to and from Lawrenceburg. The traffic on all the Interstates is sure to be horrific. If I don't come to Lawrenceburg via I71, I will have to take US50 all the way, which is not a great option.
I have problems every year for the April USAC race because of closure of the Interstates in Louisville for the Derby festivities, now NASCAR is going to screw up the ISW race with this scheduling.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NASCAR Cup Race @ KY Speedway 7/9/11