IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt update
5/13/17, 10:09 PM   #11
Leohr46

Congratulations to Morin racing. They had two great runs in there last two starts.
Last edited by Leohr46; 5/13/17 at 10:11 PM.

5/13/17, 10:25 PM   #12
Nate

Whoever is in the 45...do us all a favor and pull off.

Thanks

5/13/17, 10:28 PM   #13
Rpracing1

Sigh
Last edited by Rpracing1; 5/14/17 at 9:23 AM.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/13/17, 10:34 PM   #14
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

Thanks Loehr46 it was a great weekend! Time for a few cold ones!!

4 members like this post: cody leohr 46L, Leohr46, lukesmith, ryan84
5/14/17, 3:18 AM   #15
bblom22

For the #45 haters, here is a little FYI a lot of people didn't know. He normally runs the racesaver series at Bloomington, IN. He runs a 305. This is his 2nd year running the sprint class. He's an amateur, self supported, weekend warrior driver. He is well aware he's out motored to run with MOWA and MCMS cars, but any seat time is valuable time. He showed up to run wing class but was approached by officials about running double duty to help the MSCS class out because there was a poor showing of numbers. He and his pit crew (I proudly being one of them) agreed to bust ass to make it work and support the good of the event and the show. There was no time to make major adjustments, or discuss any strategy other than wings on or wings off, run what you've got. He was out of the car 2 times once action started over a roughly 5hr night and ran well over 50 laps. He held a bottom line all night and didn't do anything stupid or crazy that would be out of his capability and possibly jeopardize other drivers safety or performance. He did a fantastic job of having driver and track awareness and brought it all home in one piece, which to a low budget driver is a success on any night win or lose. Everyone has to start somewhere and you can't get anywhere unless you step up and take what your given. He had multiple drivers, crew, and officials come to compliment and congratulate him on a good night, and express how surprised they were over his race etiquette and willingness to do what he did once they learned of the position he was in. I don't care if you dislike or disagree with what all I've just said, I just wanted to clear the air with some who like to voice opinions while being grand stand critics! Good night all!

5/14/17, 7:52 AM   #16
Leohr46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblom22 View Post
For the #45 haters, here is a little FYI a lot of people didn't know. He normally runs the racesaver series at Bloomington, IN. He runs a 305. This is his 2nd year running the sprint class. He's an amateur, self supported, weekend warrior driver. He is well aware he's out motored to run with MOWA and MCMS cars, but any seat time is valuable time. He showed up to run wing class but was approached by officials about running double duty to help the MSCS class out because there was a poor showing of numbers. He and his pit crew (I proudly being one of them) agreed to bust ass to make it work and support the good of the event and the show. There was no time to make major adjustments, or discuss any strategy other than wings on or wings off, run what you've got. He was out of the car 2 times once action started over a roughly 5hr night and ran well over 50 laps. He held a bottom line all night and didn't do anything stupid or crazy that would be out of his capability and possibly jeopardize other drivers safety or performance. He did a fantastic job of having driver and track awareness and brought it all home in one piece, which to a low budget driver is a success on any night win or lose. Everyone has to start somewhere and you can't get anywhere unless you step up and take what your given. He had multiple drivers, crew, and officials come to compliment and congratulate him on a good night, and express how surprised they were over his race etiquette and willingness to do what he did once they learned of the position he was in. I don't care if you dislike or disagree with what all I've just said, I just wanted to clear the air with some who like to voice opinions while being grand stand critics! Good night all!
And with everything that you have said. He is also one of the nicest guys in the sport you will ever meet. And I'm proud to call him a friend. Everyone should take the time to go talk with him and meet him. Eric keep your head up and race on.

5/14/17, 9:13 AM   #17
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder31 View Post
Kent Schmidt big fire on the front stretch. He was okay. Tri-State threw all they had at the fire and it wouldn't stop. Never seen anything like that in a sprint car.

Saw after races , Director of Competition Mo Will giving all of the Fire Crew either kudos , school, or maybe a combination of both. They were all attentively listing to Mr. Will.

That was a nasty fire situation. Never seen one keep flaring as it did. Glad all ok.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, ronmil
5/14/17, 6:55 PM   #18
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblom22 View Post
I thought under the circumstances, the #45 did a great job! Didn't stick his nose anywhere it didn't belong. Held a very consistent line. We all would have preferred 30 hot shoes trying for 22 spots, but that wasn't the case last night. I sat in the stands with another Racesaver driver that was encouraged by both the #45 and by the run of young Kendall Ruble. Might even give him the confidence to try it without the wing himself! Think about it... With TSS running limited support classes, the new drivers have to come from somewhere....

6 members like this post: 3wide, bblom22, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, kinser, ryan84
5/14/17, 9:53 PM   #19
JDR37

Question for (Nate) Do you race a sprint car?

4 members like this post: bblom22, cody leohr 46L, jim goerge, Leohr46
5/14/17, 11:07 PM   #20
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by btg1963 View Post
I thought under the circumstances, the #45 did a great job! Didn't stick his nose anywhere it didn't belong. Held a very consistent line. We all would have preferred 30 hot shoes trying for 22 spots, but that wasn't the case last night. I sat in the stands with another Racesaver driver that was encouraged by both the #45 and by the run of young Kendall Ruble. Might even give him the confidence to try it without the wing himself! Think about it... With TSS running limited support classes, the new drivers have to come from somewhere....
Always thought the Racesaver engine package would be a great base for a non-wing class.

2 members like this post: bblom22, Jim Gardner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt update