IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart
10/6/18, 12:00 PM   #51
Re: New low for Tony Stewart
progressive22

Tony sure got a lot of boos from the folks in our section last night when he won the heat.

3 members like this post: 7horse, Chief Wahoo, oppweld
10/6/18, 12:13 PM   #52
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Compare Robert Ballou and Tony Stewart in driving ability? This board has hit a new low. It's not close.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, hoscalecody
10/6/18, 4:30 PM   #53
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

People are giving Stewart too much credit, USAC has had a hard on for Ballou for years this incident just gave them the okay to lower the boom on him.

10/6/18, 5:12 PM   #54
Cage Faraday

I think USAC would've let it slide without the presumed pressure from Stewy I think happened. Maybe I'm wrong, but with how everything has unfolded it looks to be a personal attack with USAC being the weapon used. I could be wrong, have been before, but it just has a stink about it. Somebody clue me in as to what kinds of things RB said about Kokomo and the Burg that they deserved being included in this public "black balling" of RB. I've never seen a situation in any motorsport that was so broad sweeping. Eldora/USAC I get, but to include other tracks as well seems extreme. I'm surprised they didn't call the Governor to their little pow-wow and say he couldn't race anywhere in the State of Indiana for the remainder of 2018.
Last edited by Cage Faraday; 10/6/18 at 5:15 PM.

2 members like this post: captrat, streetglider
10/6/18, 6:42 PM   #55
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage Faraday View Post
I think USAC would've let it slide without the presumed pressure from Stewy I think happened. Maybe I'm wrong, but with how everything has unfolded it looks to be a personal attack with USAC being the weapon used. I could be wrong, have been before, but it just has a stink about it. Somebody clue me in as to what kinds of things RB said about Kokomo and the Burg that they deserved being included in this public "black balling" of RB. I've never seen a situation in any motorsport that was so broad sweeping. Eldora/USAC I get, but to include other tracks as well seems extreme. I'm surprised they didn't call the Governor to their little pow-wow and say he couldn't race anywhere in the State of Indiana for the remainder of 2018.
This has been ongoing. And it is more than Kokomo and Lawrenceburg. I know of a promoter, not from Indiana who was not going to renew dates for next year, because of some things Robert has said on twitter. I have seen Robert do some very nice things and say some very nice things. I would bet he has learned something from all of this. This was brewing way before Eldora. I like Robert, but in my opinion he forced them to do something.
Ironically the race at Kokomo with Tony Stewart's All Star series is being promoted by Robert's employer. His step son is also running for All Star points which means they must not be too upset by all of this. Another bad part of this is some great racing, and performances have been overshadowed by social media drama.

2 members like this post: fish, mc/rider
10/6/18, 6:49 PM   #56
bullring

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
People are giving Stewart too much credit, USAC has had a hard on for Ballou for years this incident just gave them the okay to lower the boom on him.
I agree. I was at Wilmot a few years back (Can't remember how many) when usac suspended Ballou for rough driving. I've seen hundreds of worse moves previous to and after that that were much more aggressive and never seen any action taken. We laughed about that last year at Fairbury after Sprint mania when I was buying a t-shirt.

10/6/18, 11:29 PM   #57
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
This has been ongoing. And it is more than Kokomo and Lawrenceburg. I know of a promoter, not from Indiana who was not going to renew dates for next year, because of some things Robert has said on twitter. I have seen Robert do some very nice things and say some very nice things. I would bet he has learned something from all of this. This was brewing way before Eldora. I like Robert, but in my opinion he forced them to do something.
Ironically the race at Kokomo with Tony Stewart's All Star series is being promoted by Robert's employer. His step son is also running for All Star points which means they must not be too upset by all of this. Another bad part of this is some great racing, and performances have been overshadowed by social media drama.
Once again with Funk. I know of a promoter that doesn’t want to renew USAC dates because of RB. Who is this promoter??? Stop ur bs that you know all of these things but don’t actually come out with facts. So tired of all this misdirected lingo. If you who the promoter is then say WHO it is. RB says what he feels and knows. If you know something then say it or stop typing. So so tired of the bs you bring.

This topic is toxic for sure but maybe it has to be to settle some issues. I have been to many of the events RB tweeted about this summer. Especially out east and he seemed to be spot on with it. I’ve read how he should go to the competition directer to air out his issues. If the track sucks like a lot out east usually do why go to the comp directed? They have been going out there for many years. I don’t think the sanctioning body has the stones to tell the tracks what they need to do. Remember people: the shirts used to say ruts and guts. They didn’t say slip slide and away.

6 members like this post: bigq11, Can26, Chief Wahoo, motorhead748, progressive22, tmac39
10/6/18, 11:51 PM   #58
treecitytornado

Robert, has gotten punished by USAC, similar to the early 90s and Steve Butler's suspension, but Steve didn't have social media to vent, like Robert. Steve's was all about driving too. The punishment part from USAC, just reminds me of that situation.
I hope to see Robert, put a Wing on for the Terre Haute WoO Show next Saturday!
Maybe Robert will go back to Wing Racing Full-time in 2019! I wish him, the best!

10/6/18, 11:53 PM   #59
treecitytornado

Did Kokomo make an Official announcement not allowing Robert to run the WAR Show? Or the Kokomo Klash? Guess the All Star Sprint Car official announcement was enough, since the All Stars are in a lease deal for this show.
Last edited by treecitytornado; 10/6/18 at 11:56 PM.

10/7/18, 1:36 AM   #60
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New low for Tony Stewart