IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg still on for Saturday
4/6/24, 10:58 PM   #21
Re: Burg still on for Saturday
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You guys can argue this that or the other.

Thought the straights were too dry for heats but there were other factors involved.

They never put water on it all night. There were two groves in the corners all night and by feature time even the straights were mostly tacky with a rubber strip down the middle. But the track was getting faster as the race went on.

Early on Ballou and the pole sitter kinda came together before the start. Moffatt grabbed the lead and held it for awhile while Ballou worked up to second. Bilbee grabbed the lead. THen Ballou grabbed the lead Bilbee stayed right with him for awhile until a yellow came out then Ballou Checked out.

Feature over at 935.

Buddy asked me if I wanted something to eat. Put it this way I quit buying bugers at tracks that serve McDonalds type need three to even taste em burgers.

I said Grab me a Cheesburger. I wasn't expecting the best Burger I've ever had. Bigger than a Wendy's single, never frozen bliss.

Thanks Shane and staff for a good night.

Track was mostly run low but I think if three our four would jump up top it would clean off and be fast up top too. the moisture was there.

Rivers receedng. There was water in the infield all night and Im sure a few who parked in the parking lot out front had to wade thru a couple inches of water that wasn't there when I came in.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/7/24 at 8:48 AM.

4/7/24, 12:14 AM   #22
Vickster

What was the finishing order

4/7/24, 1:23 AM   #23
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickster View Post
What was the finishing order
01. 12 Rober Ballou
02. 17 Nick Bilbee
03. 5J Joss Moffatt
04. 5 Anton Hernandez
05. 76 J.J. Hughes
06. 98 Saban Bibent
07. 6T Trey Osborne
08. 9 Dustin Webber
09. 32 Garrett Abrams
10. 14C Nathan Carle
11. 41 Owen Barr
12. 24M Hunter Maddox - DNF
13. 73 Zach Lamb - DNF
14. 5K Kayla Roell - DNF
15. 4J Shawn Westerfield - DNS
16. 5W Kyle Willis - DNS
17. 17GP Jadon Rogers - DNS

4/7/24, 12:40 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

A few other observatons.

I didn't get around, came in the back gate and left same way.

Grandstands were cleaned, either pressure washed or scrubbed was really noticable.

Track seemed fine and JJ Hughes also said it was great for the feature. Kinda seemed like some cars were having some fishtailing off of four. Anyway before the feature Ballou Jumped on it in three and four and road a wheelie all the way around it steered by stagger and pedal. Thought that was cool.

Westerfeld looked good in the Fischesser Car. Think he got third in heat but car smoked last lap and didn't make feature.

Roelle? looked good in her heat and was holding her own in feature until pulling off.

Hernandaz looked strong.

Abrahams at the end of the feature looked like he was finally getting dialed in.

Moffatt strong.

I believe Bilbee was as fast as Ballou, Hung right with him most of the race but he's also smart, No sense destroying a car with either risk or running all out without a legit shot.

Crowd was great for a reg show. Backstretch ballers were out in force.

Announcer was pleasant and informative. Volume could be one notch higher while still allowing for conversation maybe two notches for big crowds.

Cheeseburger really was the best I've had at a racetrack. reminded me of Twin Cities but bigger

NEXT UP USAC. Sprint car attendance is mandatory Just kidding but I hope you'll come race for us! Love this sport.

5 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, TNRustler, TQ29m, wallbanger II
4/7/24, 11:07 PM   #25
Harvestman

Biggest crowd I've seen there in a while for a "regular" night of racing. Shane is off to a great start so far.

4/8/24, 9:15 AM   #26
Fat RR

The Burg is back! Track was best I've seen in a long time. Smooth, no turn three dip. For a first night, new promoter has it going in right direction. Few things to improve, garbage cans and picnic tables put back under stands would be nice. Could cut some down time , but thats to be expected for first night. Racing program was run well. Sprint feature completed bout 9:30, mods ran well on new surface, fewer spin-outs, love the competitive sportsman stocks, whatever they're called, and there were hornets. Oh, did I mention only $17 for grandstand.

4/8/24, 9:31 AM   #27
Charles Nungester

There's a gathering on the fairgrounds tonight for Justn Owen. This weekends USAC show will be the Justin Owen Memorial/Classic

Some details. From Lawrenceburg Speedway Safety team Who'll also do simular stuff for the Gregg Staab in October.

The plans have been finalized for the 1st annual Justin Owen Memorial at Lawrenceburg Speedway Saturday April 13th with the USAC national sprintcars. The event will pay $54JO.00 to win. Other awards include $400.00 for 2nd fastest Hot lap time, $400.00 for 2nd fasted Qualifier, and $400.00 hard charger award. Also a very special award for the highest finishing 2023 Lawrenceburg Speedway top 10 points sprintcars, this award will be based on the sales of the Justin Owen Memorial T-Shirt sales, this amount will be a minimum of $2500.00 up to $4000.00. The eligible drivers for this award are : Nick Bilbee, Joss Moffatt, Garrett Abrams, Noah Whitehouse, Ryan Barr, Nathan Carle, Sterling Cling, Saban Bibent, Dustin Webber, and Braxton Cummings. Also there will be a gathering at the Lawrenceburg Speedway front main gate Monday April 8th from 6pm- 9pm to celebrate JO. The friends and family of JO thank you and hope to see you there.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/8/24 at 9:34 AM.

4/8/24, 12:43 PM   #28
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat RR View Post
The Burg is back! Track was best I've seen in a long time. Smooth, no turn three dip. For a first night, new promoter has it going in right direction. Few things to improve, garbage cans and picnic tables put back under stands would be nice. Could cut some down time , but thats to be expected for first night. Racing program was run well. Sprint feature completed bout 9:30, mods ran well on new surface, fewer spin-outs, love the competitive sportsman stocks, whatever they're called, and there were hornets. Oh, did I mention only $17 for grandstand.
I have heard from one of the drivers there on Saturday who liked the changes. I will have to say, though, as a photographer, I am going to miss that turn three dip. I understand that it was hard on the competitors, but it did make for some VERY interesting shots, like this one: DSC_6156 by Carey Akin, on Flickr

4/9/24, 7:20 AM   #29
hoscalecody

Turn 3 Dip always made for great photos, but tended to send cars into a bike towards the wall. So to a point i'm glad to hear that it's gone. I haven't ran Kokomo in a couple years, anyone know if the jump into 1 at the track exit is still there?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg still on for Saturday