IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState
6/4/23, 11:04 PM   #1
TriState
IndianaSprintFan

I’m willing to take the bashing that will follow but the “track prep” twice a night is pathetic. It hurts the racing and is completely unnecessary. Stop dragging your race out. Run the show and be done. The racing sucks for the first few heats and the first half of the feature. It’s time to park the tractors !!!!!! It’s been a ******* hour since cars were on the track

5 members like this post: Bostonian, DirtTrackTherapy16J, duel, Hubie48, Vookie
6/4/23, 11:09 PM   #2
IndianaSprintFan

Your embarrassing crowd shows how tired everyone is of it on a work night.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, DirtTrackTherapy16J, duel, PIT CART, TQ97
6/4/23, 11:32 PM   #3
Re: TriState
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

We're at a time when racing in general is in trouble. On one side You got the fan, who wants a lot of cars and a quick run show.

On the other side, You got racers who dont want to use up three sets of tires in a night. I know one sprinter who is there just because it doesn't use up tires. Said he'd of run Terre Haute if he had a tire sponsor.

Tri state did not hold midget week races until a year or two ago. Half that crowd is campers so it don't hurt them much. But yeah, If your local and have to work, getting home after midnight is BS.

your post is harsh, but understandable. I did not like two hours of track work the times I've gone. . The reply to your own post is just uncalled for.

3 members like this post: Bostonian, flagboy55, oppweld
6/4/23, 11:38 PM   #4
IndianaSprintFan

It’s not uncalled for. No one goes on a work night because they know what they’re gonna get. I would have been if it wasn’t a work night. Now I can’t hardly watch even at home.. I assume you’re talking about critter on tires. I’ve had the same conversation with him. The place is awesome. My complaint is it can be great with half or less of the prep they do thru the night. It used to be 2 re works that last 20 min each. Now much much longer and there really only needs to be 1

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtTrackTherapy16J, Hubie48
6/5/23, 12:13 AM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

not critter but a top five finisher.

6/5/23, 12:27 AM   #6
cl124

I’ve said the same complaints numerous times and couldn’t agree more. Our 10 seats were empty on memorial race because we figured with 3 classes it go half the night and it’s just not that feasible with toddlers. Went alone tonight thinking surely a Sunday night race with just 2 classes would go quick. Man was I wrong on that. The hour long tractor prep before the features kills the vibe. Feel like I’m half asleep and half over it when the cars come out. My other big complaint is you start “hot laps” at 6 pm and give an hour and a half for them then still start late. 730 start time is already later than any track around and doesn’t help the cause at all.

2 members like this post: Aurora78, DirtTrackTherapy16J
6/5/23, 12:28 AM   #7
Rpracing1

It’s 11:20. I’m on my way home. Not sure what your issues are.

No , no complaining from J.J. about tires.

Nice Midget Week opener.

A lot of bigger issues in this world to complain about. And yes, hopefully all other IMW tracks will have folks on road at 11:15 local time.

What's really funny is Original Poster wasn't even here! LOL!

DirtTrackTherapy16J is a one-year IOW member with 700+ posts and it shows...............His comments are always taken with a grain of salt..........

Congrats to Denny, Kofoid and Cummins!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 6/5/23 at 11:09 AM. Reason: sp.

6/5/23, 2:17 AM   #8
DirtTrackTherapy16J

So not to be dumb here, unfortunately I have never been to Haubstadt bc it's just all but impossible to make the show on time with my work schedule. My loss, hopefully one day I'll make it there as it is on my bucket list.

In general I hear nothing but great things about Haubstadt. As of lately I hear alot of complaints and for the most part focusing on track prep delays.

With that said, I have a question. Yes Sunday night, yes work night, yes ridiculous long break/delay tonight. However, watching on Flo on the boat tonight, my best friend/fishing and hunting partner and I couldn't help but notice the stands just absolutely empty!! Was the whole night this way, or was it just towards the end? We were hammering the Slabs (Crappie) and Channels (Catfish) so much that we couldn't keep up with the fish much less get Flo going on the phone for the first half of the night.

First night of Indiana Midget Week 2023 and the stands was that empty??? One of the biggest weeks of racing in Indiana all season, arguably one of the best support classes we will see all week with MSCS, good weather, why was the bleachers so empty??? Kokomo is the Finale of Indiana Midget Week 2023 next Sunday night and I can guarantee it wont be empty like Haubstadt was tonight. So Sunday night/work night can't be the only reason. Can someone please share their facts or opinions for my curiosity?

To people that are upset with the long delay, you have your right to your opinions and feelings. We had just finished getting our Limit of Slab Crappie, pulled anchors, and headed for the boat ramp. At this time they had already started farming. We loaded the boat, strapped everything down, and drove home from Huntington to Gas City. We pulled in the driveway at home and they was still farming. That is not good for anyone, fans, families, track or at home, drivers, teams, workers, noone. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to farm that long with that long of a break/delay. Congratulations to Jacob Denny for winning opening night and KCummins for a podium finish!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 6/5/23 at 2:23 AM.

6/5/23, 2:35 AM   #9
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

7 or 730 seemed to be carved in stone for whatever reason. I wouldnt be opposed to a hour, maybe hour and a half early start on a Sunday night. Week nights I understand with fans getting off work and trying to make the race. Not a problem for most on Sunday
Last edited by mc/rider; 6/5/23 at 2:37 AM.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97
6/5/23, 2:50 AM   #10
Crankin

The track design itself lends to great racing, yet 1/2 the night is spent with the track showing off all the equipment they have. It’s been a joke for years, and completely unnecessary.
An hour of track redo for a 8 minute feature (if it runs green to checker), but racing only starts when the track blows off with 10 to go??? Heat races are usually single groove affairs.

It’s a joke, it always has been, and again, usually unnecessary.
Everytime I’ve brought this up in the past, locals from the area start to bash. No problem, I’ll survive.
It’s just nice to see others finally speaking up about it.
Put away your tractor toys and let em’ race…. You might be surprised how good it actually is.
Last edited by Crankin; 6/5/23 at 2:56 AM.

3 members like this post: Hubie48, ossuks, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TriState