IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #1 10/9/17 12:11 PM
It breaks my heart to announce that Dad passed away this morning in his sleep. He battled cancer for 5 years silently as to not bother or worry anyone. Never stopping or letting it get in his way. He was a hero among men, larger than life as some would say. Some didn't know him but they knew of him. Spending these last year's with him and away from tracks grew our relationship of father and son to different levels and I will forever be great full for making the right decision. His wisdom and life experiences are something that will last with me forever. He was my hero, father, my champion.
121 Likes: 2fast4u, 55fan, 5krunner, addictedtodirt, AJMartin, Al Pierce, babcock14d, bighd0522, Bill Angel, billm233, Blackduce, bmemmer, Bobv, Bostonian, brady, BrentTFunk, btownracer, bus man, captrat, Charles Nungester, Chase Hightower, chase1989, Claybird33, Copperhead, cowboyhar69, CRA91, cwtornado, Dblchkrs, dickster, dirtbag, dirtball, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, dshort36, E.P., Eatin Dirt, EBookerFan, erich45, fish, FishBurger, flatout, Fred Zirzow, GRAYBEARD, Gregg, hbmundy, hoosierboy3, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, itsanonwingthing, Jbaldwin, Jerry Shaw, JG5G, jim goerge, jjsprt92, jmichels, John P Huss, kcarm92, Kpederson91, kstudley57, Kydehart, LB, Leohr46, lovindirt, luckybuc97, mc/rider, MEAT, Midwest Connection, MKTQ17, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, motorhead748, MRAY3, Mrs G, mrsstanfill, mscs20, nathans1012, nonwing77, Nut'n but Dirt, OnTheHammer, openwheelfan1, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, Paul Westfall, PJ Wright, Poorboyjocko, PushEm, racefan20, racer-x, Racer12, RacinFool, racinrich, RadRacer, Rapid Rick, rmcar, rmr6nm, robert gatten, RobRich, ronmil, Russ, ryan84, Ryanshaneosborne, Seadog, Simon_says17, Slidejob71, smith19, snowdrift, Speedracer, Speedwrench, sprint18, stp6237, tamale wagon, tdt636, tigerone, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m, trackprep, turn4, wallbanger II, WinglessLovers, wlm, Xflagman
bigq11 (Offline)
  #2 10/9/17 12:17 PM
My prayers are with you.
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #3 10/9/17 12:27 PM
Billy,our thoughts and prayers are with you.16p#

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: dshort36, tirespinner
Ryanshaneosborne (Offline)
  #4 10/9/17 12:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Billy , we will be praying for u and your family!!!
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #5 10/9/17 12:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I so enjoyed watching him race and really enjoyed the few chances I had to speak to him. Sorry for your loss.

Frank Daigh
davidm (Offline)
  #6 10/9/17 12:43 PM
So sorry to hear of your fathers passing. The Puterbaugh family will be in my prayers.
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #7 10/9/17 12:45 PM
Godspeed to a real racer, and a real man. Prayers for Joyce and Billy.
PIT CART (Offline)
  #8 10/9/17 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear this 😥
Fox.53 (Offline)
  #9 10/9/17 1:11 PM
Always enjoyed your dad stopping in and visiting when we had the shop up in Avon, lots of great stories. R.I.P. Big Bill
2 Likes: mscs20, tirespinner
ronmil (Offline)
  #10 10/9/17 2:58 PM
Sorry for your loss! I enjoyed watching your father race at many tracks back in the day.

Ron Miller