IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg updates?
8/9/10, 6:35 AM   #11
Re: Burg updates?
Downey44

The really sad part was, all the potenial new fans that came out last night with it being free. Seen several leave before the A features started.

6 members like this post: BillyG, chrismattlin, Eatin Dirt, Mud Packer, smith19, SPRINTCAR
8/9/10, 9:57 AM   #12
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Sorry REH, didn't mean to offend you. You are right I could have left early, but that is something I never do. I think Dave does a great job with the track and have told him that several times. I just thought that it would have been a early evening with the amount of races on the slate tonight. (and being a Sunday night) I am all about honoring Mel, he was a great guy that I have known very well for many years, even worked for him at the track back in the 80's. (His family knows how I feel about Mel) As I said SORRY, I'll keep my thoughts to myself from here on out.
Believe me you didn't offend me and sorry if it sounded that way but I think it is amazing how race fans are worried about how late they get home from a race. People get on here and complain about promoters, dusty tracks, getting home late, and etc and then wonder why no fans are in the seats. My point is you might have gotten home late past your bed time, but didn't you see some great racing also, didn't Dave and staff do a great track prep in light of running a race the night before? I am sure you have been to Eldora when races were just starting at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning because of delays earlier. I look at it this way I don't care how long races goes because I am doing something I enjoy and can leave whenever I want.

Like I said we have a great promoter at a track in our back yard, in fact in the 40 years I been attending The ' Burg Dave is the best with Mel right up there also. I think we should do more complementing then complaining. JMO

REH

8/9/10, 10:01 AM   #13
Eatin Dirt

You win REH, and by the way reread my post. i never said a word about dust. That must have been someone else you wanted to argue with. Wow, what is this all about????

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
8/9/10, 10:09 AM   #14
hacksaw

My wife saw her first race at the Burg last nite and loved the facility and the program and is ready to go back. It was a long show but a good one. Good job by Dave and the crew

8/9/10, 10:25 AM   #15
REH24

Quote:
You win REH, and by the way reread my post. i never said a word about dust. That must have been someone else you wanted to argue with. Wow, what is this all about????
Never said you said anything about dust, just using that as a general complaint from race fans. Don't think I am arguing with you or anyone else just giving my opinion as you have done, that what forums are for. Sorry if you take it different than that and feel I am stepping on your toes. Have a nice day

REH

8/9/10, 11:28 AM   #16
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Just got home from the BurgI'd like to thenk Rudy for the free race and free Booze BUT you owe me a liver and a bike wash

8/9/10, 11:49 AM   #17
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
A Sunday night I thought I would be home by about 10:00, only 1 heat and 6 Features and starting at 7:00. Instead I get home at 11:55 and live 10 minutes from the track. WOW what a drug out night!!!!!!! Feel like I have been to Kokomo and back.
You got that right

1 member likes this post: DWX 9929
8/9/10, 3:57 PM   #18
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Why did it run so late?Too many reds ,cautions.Track not ready on time.Ambulance have to leave.Thanks Denny

8/9/10, 4:59 PM   #19
Eatin Dirt

NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!! It was a great night of free racing

3 members like this post: mowerman, REH24, SPRINTCAR
8/9/10, 7:32 PM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I seen two nights of various racing, From great to get it over with. Track was fine. I think most of the dust was coming from off track.

Dave certainly can't control a bunch of mods wanting to start their own scrap yard, Not saying anything bad about anyone but sheesh those mod features took forever.

Two thumbs up to the Street Stockers, They put on a show both nights!
Sprint guys

See you next week

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg updates?