IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt update
5/14/17, 11:36 PM   #21
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR37 View Post
Question for (Nate) Do you race a sprint car?
I'm sure he would donate the extra $30,000 to upgrade these 305 Racesavers to Allpro 410s? Typical clueless dumb ?&$.

1 member likes this post: bblom22
5/15/17, 8:35 AM   #22
Re: Haubstadt update
Nate

Quote:
Question for (Nate) Do you race a sprint car?
I do not currently race. I did when I was younger but then a couple guys got it inside their heads to run planes into things and a few wars kicked off and maybe I was some stupid country boy but felt an obligation there. Haven't been back in a race car since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chastaj View Post
I'm sure he would donate the extra $30,000 to upgrade these 305 Racesavers to Allpro 410s? Typical clueless dumb ?&$.
Nope, clueless would be donating a single dollar. I have no problem with young guys trying to learn. But the reason he was slow was not because he was driving a 305. A 305 running hard wouldn't be turning 20+ second laps at Tri-State. Ruble has proven that multiple times. If he's already got enough motor underneath him it doesn't take an investor on Shark Tank to know putting money into his program to upgrade him to a 410 would be a bad investment and anyone who would think so would be a "clueless dumb ?&$"

As I just said, I don't have an issue with a kid trying to learn. I knew he was in a 305 because I've seen him run at Bloomington. But if you're trying to learn and get seat time, I'm not sure that just rolling the bottom, and that's all he was doing was rolling the bottom, is the best way to go about it when there are cars lapping you within 2 laps of the green flag and basically your job for the rest of the feature is just stay out of the way.

There have been 13 different open practice events in Indiana in the last month on dirt quarter miles or bigger. I would think if he needs seat time to get comfortable in the car you'd want to put him on a track that he can actually go and at least try to get on the throttle and get some actual practice in.

Furthermore, by his crew member's own admission he said they were stretched so thin running both classes they really had no time to make adjustments. As admirable as running both classes is, in my opinion you are setting up a driver for failure by sticking him on the track in a car that he's not comfortable with.

Dakota Jackson also ran with MSCS on Saturday night in the same car he was using for MOWA. The only difference there was he would run a few laps an pull off so he could make sure his MOWA car could get the necessary attention and be competitive. I didn't see any issue with that. He helped out the MSCS with their car counts and still ran top five with MOWA. Not a bad trade off considering he still made a few bucks courtesy of MSCS.

Lastly, the reason I made the comment that got all this started was after he'd gone a few laps down in the MOWA feature there was a red. Once they got restarted he started in line behind the 2nd or 3rd place running cars up front. Now, the kid all night did make an effort to stay out of the way, but when they restarted cars scattered everywhere trying to get around him as he tried to dive back to the bottom to get out of the way, nothing happened but certainly could have. If you were there and didn't see it you weren't paying attention. At least fall to the back in that situation prior to the green instead of having half the field diving inside and out trying to get around.

I don't know the driver and I'm sure he's a nice kid and if I see him at the track I'll gladly go and talk to him. It's not personal. I'm never going to fault anyone for trying to learn because he does have more in the game than I do these days. Just not sure that Saturday was the best situation for him to do so.
Last edited by Nate; 5/15/17 at 2:12 PM.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, addictedtodirt, Eagle14, Rpracing1, Simon_says17
5/15/17, 12:52 PM   #23
JDR37

Well Nate since you don't race in my opinion you should not post a comment like that
It's so much easier to sit in the stands an say what should an shouldn't be done
on the other hand maybe he should have went to the tail but he didn't them guys are way faster than him. Its there job to pass him they will an did

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/15/17, 4:46 PM   #24
bblom22

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there's no problem with that as long as it's all done respectfully in my mind, everyone sees things different. Just to add since it was thrown out also Eric is not a "kid", he's in his early 30s out chasing a dream of racing sprint cars from when he started racing carts at a young age but you can only do so much and get so far when your a self supported team with your family and buddy's as your pit crew. Eric is also a veteran as well who didn't get to devote his life to racing due to serving his time in hell also. He's now trying to get back on that dream before time won't allow anymore. Also as I have the greatest respect to him as I do any veteran, Nate thank you for your service as well.

4 members like this post: kinser, Leohr46, Nate, PJ Wright
5/15/17, 4:52 PM   #25
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblom22 View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there's no problem with that as long as it's all done respectfully in my mind, everyone sees things different. Just to add since it was thrown out also Eric is not a "kid", he's in his early 30s out chasing a dream of racing sprint cars from when he started racing carts at a young age but you can only do so much and get so far when your a self supported team with your family and buddy's as your pit crew. Eric is also a veteran as well who didn't get to devote his life to racing due to serving his time in hell also. He's now trying to get back on that dream before time won't allow anymore. Also as I have the greatest respect to him as I do any veteran, Nate thank you for your service as well.
Didn't know his age so sorry for calling him a kid. That said, you're right, its just an opinion and everyone's got one. It's not personal against him. As I said, I have no ill will against someone chasing their dream or trying to get seat time I just didn't think Saturday was the time or place for it. Good luck the rest of the season.

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
5/15/17, 6:10 PM   #26
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Well Nate since you don't race in my opinion you should not post a comment like that
It's so much easier to sit in the stands an say what should an shouldn't be done
on the other hand maybe he should have went to the tail but he didn't them guys are way faster than him. Its there job to pass him they will an did
If a prerequisite to posting on this board is that you have to have raced, this forum would shut down. Lol.

6 members like this post: davidm, Dirtfan, Jerry Shaw, ronmil, Rpracing1, Simon_says17
5/15/17, 10:33 PM   #27
rmcar

So back to the racetrack. Place looked great from where I was setting. Great to see Tommy working hard keeping it a class track.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Rpracing1, wildman92
5/16/17, 2:03 AM   #28
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Wow...I was not there..but I will say this I've seen Kendall run at Bloomington quite a few times and he does a fine job!! Keep Ur Head up pal...

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/16/17, 6:27 AM   #29
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

My only concern was the Dewig Meats Giant cooker was MIA. I understand it was at Owensburg Ky for a BBQ Contest.
Otherwise a Great two nights at The Class Track.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 5/16/17 at 6:30 AM.

4 members like this post: ronmil, Rpracing1, tirespinner, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt update