IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!
9/10/08, 7:34 PM   #1
$6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!
Bullringsarebest

Friday September 26th will be the Shaheens race at the Morgan County Speedway in Jacksonville. $6000 to win Non Winged Sprints. Thanks to all of the non winged drivers that have supported us this year. Hope to see a large car count. The fans are looking forward to it!! Pre-register driver info by email please at: morgancospeedway@msn.com
Track phone 217-243-5896
Promoter 217-371-5228
www.morgancountyspeedway.com :checkered:

9/10/08, 8:21 PM   #2
Re: $6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!
Kirk Spridgeon

I'll be planning to check out this show...I'm not sure very many guys knew this race was on the schedule (I, for one, just found out about it recently!), so I'm sure more will show interest in it as they are made aware. I'll definitely be pressuring a lot of guys to go! haha

I would say even the guys who are hesitant to run Haubstadt because of the Sunday Winchester race might be willing to head over for a Friday night show with this kind of pay to win. May I ask what the rest of the purse looks like?

9/10/08, 9:27 PM   #3
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
I'll be planning to check out this show...I'm not sure very many guys knew this race was on the schedule (I, for one, just found out about it recently!), so I'm sure more will show interest in it as they are made aware. I'll definitely be pressuring a lot of guys to go! haha

I would say even the guys who are hesitant to run Haubstadt because of the Sunday Winchester race might be willing to head over for a Friday night show with this kind of pay to win. May I ask what the rest of the purse looks like?
This night has been on our sched. all year.It's an annual event that has traditionaly been a winged event.6g to win 500 to start,21g purse.Qualify for heats.Top 2 qualifiers who do not advance out of their heat will use qualifing spot for the A.No entree fee's.40 laps of good raci'n with(GOD FORBID)no eff'n r---.:rolleyes:
Please anyone who is interested..email standard info to our website:checkered:

9/10/08, 9:44 PM   #4
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullringsarebest View Post
Friday September 26th will be the Shaheens race at the Morgan County Speedway in Jacksonville. $6000 to win Non Winged Sprints. Thanks to all of the non winged drivers that have supported us this year. Hope to see a large car count. The fans are looking forward to it!! Pre-register driver info by email please at: morgancospeedway@msn.com
Track phone 217-243-5896
Promoter 217-371-5228
www.morgancountyspeedway.com :checkered:
Sounds like it will be a great race, I wonder if top MSCS drivers like Kyle Cummins and Hud Cone will show up to get a run in before Haubstadt.

9/10/08, 10:30 PM   #5
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonYeley View Post
Sounds like it will be a great race, I wonder if top MSCS drivers like Kyle Cummins and Hud Cone will show up to get a run in before Haubstadt.
I would hope so,my buddy Hud is batting a thousand for the year thus far:respect:

9/10/08, 10:35 PM   #6
Sprint63122

Glad to see the Shaheen's race still on for this year after all of the weather related problems you have dealt with this year.Will be over to support the show and just one thing I may ask soak the track would like to have it wet and tacky all night long.If this is done and a good turnout of cars and drivers are there any chance of going all out next year and call it Shaheen's super weekend and run on friday and saturday night like they used to at Little Springfield Speedway non wings of course.

9/10/08, 10:57 PM   #7
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
Glad to see the Shaheen's race still on for this year after all of the weather related problems you have dealt with this year.Will be over to support the show and just one thing I may ask soak the track would like to have it wet and tacky all night long.If this is done and a good turnout of cars and drivers are there any chance of going all out next year and call it Shaheen's super weekend and run on friday and saturday night like they used to at Little Springfield Speedway non wings of course.
The rain here has been unreal.I think the water bill at the house has been more than the water bill at the track this year:O:.I hope this annual event will lead to bigger shows involving the non wing cars in the future.

9/11/08, 12:42 PM   #8
RACEADDICT

:thumbHopefully ma' nature will cooperate. Not looking so good for this weekends midget show. (bummer). Can't wait for the Shaheens. Should be a great show, hopefully 30- 40 cars and a packed grandstand. Count us in. (assuming we don't get tore up next weekend)

9/11/08, 4:31 PM   #9
Bullringsarebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACEADDICT View Post
:thumbHopefully ma' nature will cooperate. Not looking so good for this weekends midget show. (bummer). Can't wait for the Shaheens. Should be a great show, hopefully 30- 40 cars and a packed grandstand. Count us in. (assuming we don't get tore up next weekend)
You can't miss the biggest one of the year!! I enjoy talking to your dad before everyone else gets there!! So don't get tore up.

Mother Nature needs to back off of us a little.. This is getting old.:headbang

9/11/08, 5:56 PM   #10
mscs20

Bill,
My dad and I will be there too....unique thing, we both raced at Shaheen's. Not many of us left. Randy Bateman did and I'm sure he will be there. Ron Standridge of course. Maybe somebody could motivate Jim Moughan to run topless and how cool it would be to see Donnie Beechler come out and run. Manny Rockhold is another.

Steve Thomas

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $6000 to Win Non Winged Sprints!!