IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best race you seen in 2013
12/31/13, 11:42 AM   #31
Re: Best race you seen in 2013
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
How about that 4 wide freedom 100 finish on carb day!
That's my vote. I don't believe I've ever seen a finish of four cars that close at any race I've ever attended in person.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
12/31/13, 12:05 PM   #32
illinisprintfan

I don't remember the date but there was a race at Haubstadt this past year where KT jr, Chase Stockon and Kyle Cummins traded incredible slide jobs turn after turn and lap after lap. It was intense!

12/31/13, 1:40 PM   #33
robert gatten

I would have to say "The Putnamville Clash" would be my pick.

12/31/13, 1:56 PM   #34
SpfldMile

The Leffler memorial race was darn good.

The 10 laps of the Chili Bowl where Swindell and Larson went at it were absolutely electrifying.

Powri/MOWA show at Granite City.

AJ Fike making the pass for the lead on lap 93 and winning back to back Bettenhausens.

12/31/13, 2:05 PM   #35
Game Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierboy05 View Post
Without a doubt it was the Eastern Storm race at Grandview Speedway for the Jesse Hockett Classic. Watching The Modern Day Cowboy knocking down the wall for 40 laps and a battle upfront with Clayton, Clauson and Jones. Levi said it best after the race when he said "if you did not enjoy that, you are not a fan of sprint car racing."
Best race I saw this year!

http://gspvideo.com/2013/06/grandvie...y-june-5-2013/

2 members like this post: FishBurger, hoosierboy05
12/31/13, 3:56 PM   #36
a tall Short fan 36

hands down best race of the year for me was the 4-way battle between: Stanbrough, Boeusflug, Clauson, and Cottle at the Gas City Sprint Week show....!!!!... Close second was watchin Short come from the way back rows same week at lps to finish 3rd!!!!!!!!!!

1 member likes this post: robert gatten
12/31/13, 4:50 PM   #37
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I second this!
I saw several great races this year, but I would have to place the Jason Leffler Memorial near the top. The Indianapolis 500 wasn't too shabby either; most lead changes ever and it was run in front of a good crowd. Also enjoyed some great POWRi midget shows at Belle-Clair and the Gold Crown Nationals at Granite City was very entertaining as well. The last few laps of the DuQuoin Silver Crown race provided some drama, in spite of a low car count. The Brickyard 400 was a snoozer, until Ryan Newman took over near the end. Crowd was lowest ever for the event. I consider the Eldora 4-Crown to have been very entertaining, especially the drive that Dave Darland put on in the sprint feature. The midgets were probably the best show of the evening, though. Overall, it wasn't the greatest year I've experienced, but it probably wasn't the worst either.

12/31/13, 5:03 PM   #38
tamale wagon

Smackdown 2013 at Kokomo! Every night!

2 members like this post: mowerman, robert gatten
12/31/13, 5:21 PM   #39
Jerry Spencer

Every race that all the drivers and owners loaded up race cars that were not tore up and the driver walked out with a smile on his/her face was the best races I seen in 2013.

We love Josh as you all know he is our youngest, I also care for all the other kids (drivers) that strap in on any race night so when they race and nothing happens that is all Sarah and I need to call it a good night.

Like I have said before tell them you love them while you can.

Jerry,Sarah Spencer #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com

12/31/13, 6:50 PM   #40
wolfpack58

Kokomo midget week. Susquehanna USAC show(1st 13 laps of ARDC support show.Very intense 5 car battle). PA 600 speed week show at kutztown.Great heats & feature.60 cars

2 members like this post: davidm, miller51b
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best race you seen in 2013