IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Midgets To Open W/ AprilDouble Header
1/22/13, 1:25 PM   #1
Montpelier Midgets To Open W/ AprilDouble Header
BrianBSU23

The Montpelier Motor Speedway will kick off the Midget Series with an aggressive schedule for the 2013 season. The opening weekend for the Midgets will be a two day show on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6. Each night will be a brand new complete show (hot laps, heats, and features) along with a complete cash payout each night.

2013 Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget Tentative Schedule
April 5, Friday - Midget Double Header
April 6, Saturday - Midget Double Header
April 20, Saturday
May 4, Saturday
May 18, Saturday
July 27, Saturday
August 17, Saturday
September 7, Saturday
September 14, Saturday
September 28, Saturday – 2013 Track Championship Night

Need Driver Info
Also, we are in the process of working our driver rosters for our souvenir program for the fans. Any driver/car owner that plans to race in the series full time or part time, please contact me through a IOW PM or email at bemcevoy@yahoo.com with this info:

Driver Number - Driver Name - Hometown - Chassis/Engine

If you raced in the series in 2012, you will automatically be included. If we need to update your number, hometown, driver, or chassis/engine or delete you from the roster let me know so the roster is accurate!

Track Championship
- A cash track championship will be paid to competitors at the conclusion of the season at our banquet. Winner received jacket, trophies, and cash. Other in the top 5 or 10, will receive cash payout and trophies.

- Midget Rookie of the Year will begin with the season. If you have 6 or less career starts in a dirt midget division allowing full midgets, than you are eligible for this award. Winner receives jacket and trophy.

Complete Midget, Rules, Payout, and Other Info can be found at:
www.MontpelierMotorSpeedway.com

Find Us On Facebook – “Home of the Montpelier Motor Speedway”
www.Facebook.com/MontpelierMotorSpeedway

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me or email @ bemcevoy@yahoo.com
Last edited by BrianBSU23; 1/22/13 at 4:38 PM.

1/22/13, 1:44 PM   #2
Re: Montpelier Midgets To Open W/ AprilDouble Head
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Might have to make that one

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
1/22/13, 3:10 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

What a great way to start the season with back to back doubleheader weekends of midget racing at two great tracks. Thanks to the Hunter's & O'Connor's for getting these shows scheduled. I hope they are both very successful.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/22/13, 3:20 PM   #4
PatrickMead#13

Two big thumbs up!!! Thank you and here's to an incredible 2013 Season!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrianBSU23, cwfan08
1/22/13, 4:53 PM   #5
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

We will have at least 2 cars there for the opener.......in fact the first 5 shows. Thanks MMS, keep up the good work.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/22/13, 5:16 PM   #6
cmiracingvids

As long as weather cooperates, I should be there Saturday for sure. Thanks for giving midgets a shot to grow in Indiana.

Colin Miller
2m

Posted via Mobile Device

1/22/13, 6:39 PM   #7
PatrickMead#13

Sounds like there might have to be a cookout and bonfire Friday night......Just sayin'

1/22/13, 6:55 PM   #8
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Are there plans for a test & tune prior to the 5th? I'm in the process of getting a Mini Sprint together specifically to run Montpelier with; it's been a few years since I've been in the seat of anything, and I'm gonna need to knock the rust off...
Last edited by jjones752; 1/22/13 at 6:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
1/24/13, 3:53 PM   #9
BrianBSU23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Sounds like there might have to be a cookout and bonfire Friday night......Just sayin'
We have free overnight camping for fans and race teams. In the past, we have ran these double shows for our others classes, and a large numbers of teams stay over night at the track and have a good time. We typically have some sort of bon fire along with a lot bench racing and story telling.

We also have hotels within 15 miles of the track and some "economical" options a little further than that.

Quote:
Are there plans for a test & tune prior to the 5th? I'm in the process of getting a Mini Sprint together specifically to run Montpelier with; it's been a few years since I've been in the seat of anything, and I'm gonna need to knock the rust off...
Our actual opening night March 30. If we have some interest, we could probably work a group of Midgets into a couple of hot laps sessions at this race.

Also, Joe and Lynsey Ligouri and Greg and Alex Watson might be a good resource to get you started in the right ballpark with setup, competiting with the midgets, etc... They had thier mini-sprint up to speed and competitive week after week. They are IOW members.

2 members like this post: latemodel55, SETracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Midgets To Open W/ AprilDouble Header