IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Full throttle cancer benefit
11/11/13, 10:25 PM   #1
Full throttle cancer benefit
tq35

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 17

Indiana dirt is one of the greatest things our Lord ever sprinkled on this Earth. On this dirt, many men do great battle under lights on a Saturday night. Many men cheat death, escape disaster, and put on spectacular displays of fearless will and fortitude on our treasured dirt. It is also a place that makes family out of competitors, brothers born of competition. This Indiana dirt is a place where Legends are made and Heroes will rise. This is a place where we can all come together.

One of our local heroes needs us to come together now to join his fight against cancer. Chris Mann of Shelbyville, IN. has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. He has been slingin dirt for 15 years and is running the biggest race of his career. He is the only reason why I ever believed I belonged in a race car. His contributions to local racing are immeasurable. From building engines, designing chassis, to track prep the list is nearly endless. He has been a teacher of integrity on open wheels and a great friend willing to help even his toughest competition.

I am here to invite you all to support FULL THROTTLE CANCER BENEFIT for Chris Mann. The benefit is on November 30th 6:00pm-10:00pm. Location: Shelby County Fairgrounds Women's Building 500 Frank St. Shelbyville, Indiana 46176. There are pre-sale tickets for the benefit dinner available on Facebook. Just search FULL THROTTLE CANCER BENEFIT on FB for details. There will be a donated items auction and raffle along with live entertainment by national entertainer Scot Shrader after dinner. Racers, fans, vendors, and friends are encouraged to attend and show their support for Chris. PM me for details or any questions you may have.

Let's all thank God for putting men like Chris on an Indiana dirt track. He is truly a DIRT TRACK HERO. Elbows up driver!

11/11/13, 11:44 PM   #2
Re: Full throttle cancer benefit
racephoto1

If there is one guy out there who deserves the support, Chris is it. He truly is one of the nice guys in racing, and is always there to help anyone out he can. This time he needs are help in supporting him.

4 members like this post: Brat47, martz32, racinlady24, tq35
11/12/13, 10:14 PM   #3
racinlady24

Attached Images
viewer (2).png (96.5 KB, 67 views)

11/25/13, 5:37 PM   #4
24midgets

Would love to see everybody this weekend if u can make it out for some dinner and entertainment. Dinner starts at 6 pm .thanks for all the help
Chris mann

1 member likes this post: racegal
11/25/13, 5:53 PM   #5
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I can't make it but I will definitely be praying.

2 members like this post: Gregg, jim goerge
11/25/13, 8:46 PM   #6
treecitytornado

If anyone is near the Shelbyville Applebee's tomorrow come in and eat!
15% of your purchase goes to Chris Mann and his family!

2 members like this post: fasster23, racegal
11/26/13, 1:55 PM   #7
TQ29m

Chris, and family, prayers being sent your way, from Bob and Peg in Seymour, wishing you well, and a quick and complete recovery, seems this dreaded disease has no one in particular in mind, lets all hope for a complete recovery, and on to another chapter in life, with another battle behind. Best wishes. Bob and Peg

11/30/13, 5:05 PM   #8
racephoto1

Tonight is the night, be there to help out a fellow racer and his family.

12/1/13, 12:51 AM   #9
racephoto1

Thank you to everyone who came tonight. There was a great turn out to help Chris out. The place was full and a lot of people made donations for Chris and his family. Once again, Thanks.

2 members like this post: fish, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Full throttle cancer benefit