IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anyone at Shelbyville?
6/6/15, 7:59 PM   #1
Anyone at Shelbyville?
TQ29m

Just wondering, TQ's tonight, any news? Thanks! Bob

2 members like this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, racerjim2
6/6/15, 11:56 PM   #2
Kydehart

Decent car count. Typical MTQRL officiating struggles. Speidel was dq'd after I believe wheeldon? flipped. It seemed pretty chintzy from where I was sitting and speidel was angry about it. He was really the only one trying to pass anyone tonight in the front. Combs won, Purcell a close second. Sure seemed like a racing accident that was over-officiated to me, as far as speidel getting kicked out. Makes me want to not go to any more MTQRL events but I live in shelbyville so they have alot of close events.

6/7/15, 12:55 AM   #3
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Very crazy night. 23 cars on hand always calls for a good evening. Track was a little dusty. On a side note. The officials nor the fans can really understand what the drivers see when the track is dusty like that. Tough call, glad it wasn't me making the call. And lastly, I'd like to thank John Doyle for letting me drive his car tonight. We was having a great run until we went up in flames in turn one.

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
6/7/15, 4:42 AM   #4
Re: Anyone at Shelbyville?
SteelCore

I wish they would run more than 1 class. I live in Shelbyville and can actually hear them from my house, but for the same price I can go see multiple classes including sprints at several other tracks in Indiana.

6/7/15, 8:12 AM   #5
mud chassis

I tried 2 years ago to build up the 600cc mini sprints to run split shows .they allowed us to run 4 times and its hard to pull cars that run for track points. Was told an official in the association complained about are cars, saying they were not safe. The drivers who ran had a great time.
Last edited by mud chassis; 6/7/15 at 8:14 AM.

1 member likes this post: TqMidget41&84
6/7/15, 9:36 AM   #6
speidel21

I wasn't the only one mad. The fans wanted their money back since they couldn't see the race/parade from the dust storm.

6/7/15, 10:33 AM   #7
Kydehart

+1 on the dust stor . Visibility was miserable during the feature. I can't imagine what it was like for you guys out on the track.

6/7/15, 3:19 PM   #8
tq35

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 17

Thankfully it was not me (Wheeldon) that flipped!

2 members like this post: midget39, racerjim2
6/7/15, 9:37 PM   #9
Kydehart

Sorry about that. Glad to hear it wasn't you! I was told that secondhand, because due to the reasons we've already discussed above we couldn't see much other than it seemed to be a whitish tq. Face palm for believing my source, and apologies again. Good race, by the way!

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
6/8/15, 10:10 PM   #10
trannyman

Yes,dusty again.The incident in turn one wasn't only one.he was mid pack and had already bumped/booted others trying to get to the front.all drivers would like to get to the front.it's how you get there that loses or gains others respect.unfortunately the fairgrounds tracks usually don't have room to pass and sometimes you should do things respectfully and wait for a big track.hey tq29,what happened to having a driver and ready to get going?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anyone at Shelbyville?