IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > King of Indiana tqs?
1/29/14, 9:24 PM   #11
OpenwheelRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I don't see many people going to a few of those they would 3-4 hour drives for some of us. Otherwise pretty cool.
Almost every week is a 2-3 hour drive to race, what's another hour or so...lol. Just more time for bench racing and griping about how bad someone did ya dirty ha! Or if you're lucky you can have that "if I only had one more lap conversation"! Good luck to all this year.

1 member likes this post: Rouse10
1/30/14, 10:53 PM   #12
Re: King of Indiana tqs?
tq35

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 17

Tell me about shelbyville again rob. i love that one! i drove to ohio last year just for practice. i think it is good to see wider exposure at several different venues.

1 member likes this post: Rouse10
1/31/14, 10:31 AM   #13
Knoke77

A part of me really wants to get another TQ. But losing to Spiedel every weekend would get old!

5 members like this post: racerjim2, RedRacer07, Shawn, speidel21, TQ29m
1/31/14, 10:55 AM   #14
TQ29m

Jake, saw your Dad the other day, and Mom and Granny. You'll have to stop by sometime and see if you can still fit in my car, I don't think "Speedial" is gonna run it any, and I don't know how much time Kyle will have, "speedial" likes it, or at least that's what he told me, he looked good in it anyway. Bob!

2/1/14, 9:00 AM   #15
badcoupe

Jason you should try to get ahold tommy keyhoe and try to buy that old beast. I got his number from marylyn years ago but didn't wanna sell back then.

2/1/14, 3:08 PM   #16
TQ29m

Mike, that is not a Beast, it is a Nichols, a twin to the one Teegarden has and won his championship in. I was just talking to Larry, he said the last time he talked to Tom, the car still wasn't for sale, someone would buy it after he's gone. Bob built 3 that year, one for Larry, one for Tom, and one for himself. Bob!

2/1/14, 3:19 PM   #17
badcoupe

I know it's not a beast chassis just a beast of a car. Tom said he'd moved like 1000 miles away and the car would probably sit until he passed away. Such a shame. Where did the 3rd car ever end up, last I saw Brian Meyer had it, but that was several years ag

2/1/14, 4:04 PM   #18
ShaneMugavin57

Moler doesn't run Saturdays I think that's a typo

2/1/14, 4:46 PM   #19
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I know it's not a beast chassis just a beast of a car. Tom said he'd moved like 1000 miles away and the car would probably sit until he passed away. Such a shame. Where did the 3rd car ever end up, last I saw Brian Meyer had it, but that was several years ag
I can't keep track of the cars I built, maybe 4 or 5 of them. The one Brian had, Bob built for Coors, then Meyers bought it, and now Faulkner has it, I think that's the way it went, but that still doesn't explain the one Bob had for himself, unless he sold it to Coors! Bob

2/1/14, 6:26 PM   #20
badcoupe

I was told teegaurden let lynch copy the old 71 car loosely and thats what lynch's new cars were. I remember bob showing a picture of all three of them together at his house after they were all coers's the red 71 and tom's car, didn't knoke have one of those too? Haven't seen jason since those two indoor races where he rans tom's car. It's so hard to keep track of some of these cars anymore! I never did know what happened to the Danny Warren chassis we had that we bought off of huggins, perdue bought it from us then I have no idea where it went. It's cool how all these cars have a history!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > King of Indiana tqs?