IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
wrtracing (Offline)
  #1 12/16/22 10:23 AM
Oops! The title should be: Belle-Clair (Little Belleville)

There is hope!

St Clair County, IL in cooperation with the city of Belleville purchased the 22 acre property which includes the racetrack. It sounds like they may be interested in reopening the racetrack as the article states they have had several inquiries about it. Keep your fingers crossed Andrew! I am sure Morty is smiling down on this!

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
21 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, Jonr, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, nathans1012, oppweld, PAW, progressive22, racefan20, Rcar, Rimrida35, rimrider69, SpfldMile, Stephen Cording, Steve Wendel, tirespinner, TNRustler, tristatephoto
tristatephoto (Offline)
  #2 12/16/22 10:56 AM
I drive 470 miles one way from Napoleon Ohio to see a midget race at the greatest midget track in the USA.
7 Likes: cornerthree, erich45, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Pitdad (Offline)
  #3 12/16/22 12:07 PM
Okay gang, we had our chance to crowd source the purchase of the property and ENSURE racing could continue, but YOU didn't seize that opportunity (I had my hundred bucks ready, just needed 21,999 more of you to join in). We've caught an incredibly lucky break due to a GOVERNMENT acquisition that sounds like it is actually willing to let racing happen. Who among you budding promotional and operational geniuses is ready to risk all your life savings on the chance to promote and operate the "Greatest Midget Track" in the world? Step up, step up! I know there will be plenty of advice from this board and others as to classes to run, rules to establish, purses to pay, and track prep.

All sarcasm aside, I sincerely hope that a group steps forward and begins the heavy lifting that will be required to put Belle-Clair Speedway back on series schedules. From the article in the Belleville News Democrat, it sounds like the county's priorities with the property are 1.) temporary housing for those displaced by natural disasters (tornados and floods), 2.) a new home for the St Clair County Animal Control, 3.) return of the St. Clair County Fair and other "other community events". COME ON COMMUNITY EVENTS! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
oppweld (Offline)
  #4 12/16/22 1:39 PM
The best thing you can do is fill the stands on race day if racing returns!
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45, luckybuc97, Pitdad, tirespinner
Dale (Offline)
  #5 12/16/22 2:57 PM
Originally Posted by Pitdad:
Okay gang, we had our chance to crowd source the purchase of the property and ENSURE racing could continue, but YOU didn't seize that opportunity (I had my hundred bucks ready, just needed 21,999 more of you to join in). We've caught an incredibly lucky break due to a GOVERNMENT acquisition that sounds like it is actually willing to let racing happen. Who among you budding promotional and operational geniuses is ready to risk all your life savings on the chance to promote and operate the "Greatest Midget Track" in the world? Step up, step up! I know there will be plenty of advice from this board and others as to classes to run, rules to establish, purses to pay, and track prep.

All sarcasm aside, I sincerely hope that a group steps forward and begins the heavy lifting that will be required to put Belle-Clair Speedway back on series schedules. From the article in the Belleville News Democrat, it sounds like the county's priorities with the property are 1.) temporary housing for those displaced by natural disasters (tornados and floods), 2.) a new home for the St Clair County Animal Control, 3.) return of the St. Clair County Fair and other "other community events". COME ON COMMUNITY EVENTS! MAKE IT HAPPEN!
the purple text is not legible
6 Likes: billw, dkdorkboy, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, jjones752, Ken Bonnema
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #6 12/16/22 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dale:
the purple text is not legible

That's odd. I read it perfectly fine.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
5 Likes: Dirtfan, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, progressive22
revjimk (Offline)
  #7 12/17/22 2:56 AM
Good news... make it happen!
jjones752 (Offline)
  #8 12/17/22 9:02 AM
"Okay gang, we had our chance to crowd source the purchase of the property and ENSURE racing could continue, but YOU didn't seize that opportunity (I had my hundred bucks ready, just needed 21,999 more of you to join in). We've caught an incredibly lucky break due to a GOVERNMENT acquisition that sounds like it is actually willing to let racing happen. Who among you budding promotional and operational geniuses is ready to risk all your life savings on the chance to promote and operate the "Greatest Midget Track" in the world? Step up, step up! I know there will be plenty of advice from this board and others as to classes to run, rules to establish, purses to pay, and track prep."

Drag your mouse over it like you're going to copy/paste and it turns white; that's the onlt way I could read it. Nathan must have night vision or something...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
4 Likes: Dale, Dirtfan, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #9 12/17/22 5:53 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
Drag your mouse over it like you're going to copy/paste and it turns white; that's the onlt way I could read it. Nathan must have night vision or something...
Maybe it's meant to be read with 3D glasses?🤔😂👓

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #10 12/17/22 6:02 PM
Originally Posted by illiNOISE:
Maybe it's meant to be read with 3D glasses?🤔😂👓
Na. Just very good eyes.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
2 Likes: jjones752, Pitdad