IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
7/1/14, 9:45 AM   #21
Re: Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
OTSNWR
Inactive Member

Great idea! I hope you sell every night!

7/1/14, 10:27 AM   #22
Midget 89

Teams should do this every week they race. Gets fans interested and you might find some new help.

7/1/14, 12:54 PM   #23
Nut'n but Dirt

Believe it or not, we have only sold one race - Kokomo! Hopefully we have some fans out there that want to be more involved! Yes, you can have a beer with Dave after the races!

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racenut69
7/1/14, 2:39 PM   #24
bojo20

I can understand why only 1 has been sold Its a very good idea but the majority of ''average" fans cannot afford $500.

2 members like this post: bus man, racing2bwithu2
7/1/14, 3:13 PM   #25
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojo20 View Post
I can understand why only 1 has been sold Its a very good idea but the majority of ''average" fans cannot afford $500.
You are correct that is a lot of money for anyone probably is for a fan who is passionate about trying to help a small team be able to keep one of the great drivers out there competing. The smaller teams are finding it harder to keep going. Fact it takes $1500 a night to be competitive at a sprint week show times 7= more than 10,000 for sprintweek. This why some help would be great from a fan or person who has a business willing to help. Cost is why we are seeing fewer and fewer car owners who hire drivers of Daves caliber. I know it costs the average fan a lot to so hope everyone can attend some of sprintweek and see these great drivers before they are gone. Thanks to all who keep this sport going.

7/1/14, 4:36 PM   #26
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I think it would be a bit better at $250 a night and even that is alot. its a great idea but like what was said earlier $500 is a bit steep for the average fan. Especially when you figure a pitpass and a shirt will run you no more then $60.

7/2/14, 10:34 AM   #27
Nut'n but Dirt

I'm very saddened that we tried to promote our team and get some additional funding by giving a great opportunity to some of Dave Darland's fans, as well as our team, and it has turned into people complaining about the price. My husband and I work very hard to keep this team going mostly with our own money. Believe it or not, with the success we've had, we still haven't gotten a large sponsor - meaning anyone over $10,000. So, sorry if you feel the $500 is too much. We thought it was a great idea, and we still are offering it so anyone. We have one great fan out there that has already paid, and we plan on making it a night to remember for him!

I appreciate Bill Gardner for trying to keep promoting and bumping our post, and others who have been supportive.

What I would like to recommend to all people who post on this site, like my mom always said, "if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all!". Too bad people don't take that to heart and do so.

7/2/14, 11:00 AM   #28
rclaridge

Better to sell 7 @ $250 than 1 @ $500...jmo

7/2/14, 11:21 AM   #29
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
Better to sell 7 @ $250 than 1 @ $500...jmo
Ya then the next comment will be $250 is stupid should be $125 then the next comment will be you should pay them to be there and so on and so on. I bet some of the keyboard drivers running there mouth wont even attend sprintweek. I think I call the Colts tell them I want to be on sideline next season for free wonder what they say. I thought posting here might be ok but like almost every other post you get bashed its just IOW I guess. I am over it.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, fish, kcarm92, monkeyboy
7/2/14, 11:26 AM   #30
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Stay away from hoseheads if you think people on here r evil n bitter.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phillips Motorsports ISW Special