IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kody Swanson news
8/21/19, 12:43 PM   #1
Kody Swanson news
Big T 69

Lebanon Ohio( August 21, 2019) California native Kody Swanson will team with former IMSA and Indy Lights driver Brad Jaeger to challenge the world famous Daytona International Speedway for “The Classic “ 24 hrs of Daytona on Nov 13-17, 2019.

Kody Swanson is a 3 time winner of the prestigious Little 500 and 4 time USAC Silver Crown National Champion. The talented race driver and scholar has more wins than anyone in the history of USAC Silver Crown Racing with 28 wins and counting. He has dominated SC racing the past 5 years. The series ,that touts past champion names such as Foyt, Andretti and Tony Stewart ,is a training ground for future champions.

Kody Swanson commented “This is such a unique opportunity for me and one I didn’t necessarily see coming. I know that I have a lot to learn , but I am excited about the chance to work with Brad, Kevin and the team. I will gain as much experience as I can in a new form of motorsports. I am so grateful for this opportunity”.

Kevin Doran, Doran Enterprises, added “ I always look forward to racing at Daytona. This year running the Doran Ford GT2 car with Brad Jaeger and Kody Swanson is going to be exciting. We believe that after a few laps, Kody will adapt to a totally different feel in a race car. We are confident, with the skills that Kody has shown in open wheel USAC cars, he will impress”.

Veteran IMSA and Indy Lights road racer Jaeger , has led laps in the Rolex 24 hrs of Daytona , is past champion in the Pacific Formula 2000 and had set track records at multiple tracks including Sebring.

The pair will drive the famous #2 Ford GT that will be prepared once again by Doran Enterprises located in Lebanon Ohio. Kevin Doran is well known and highly respected in the road racing community. He has engineered cars that have won at the Rolex 24 hrs of Daytona, 12 hours of Sebring and the Petite LeMans.

8/21/19, 2:05 PM   #2
Re: Kody Swanson news
miledirt

This is great!
but must admit I was hoping that it was an Indy Lights ride in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T 69 View Post
Lebanon Ohio( August 21, 2019) California native Kody Swanson will team with former IMSA and Indy Lights driver Brad Jaeger to challenge the world famous Daytona International Speedway for “The Classic “ 24 hrs of Daytona on Nov 13-17, 2019.

Kody Swanson is a 3 time winner of the prestigious Little 500 and 4 time USAC Silver Crown National Champion. The talented race driver and scholar has more wins than anyone in the history of USAC Silver Crown Racing with 28 wins and counting. He has dominated SC racing the past 5 years. The series ,that touts past champion names such as Foyt, Andretti and Tony Stewart ,is a training ground for future champions.

Kody Swanson commented “This is such a unique opportunity for me and one I didn’t necessarily see coming. I know that I have a lot to learn , but I am excited about the chance to work with Brad, Kevin and the team. I will gain as much experience as I can in a new form of motorsports. I am so grateful for this opportunity”.

Kevin Doran, Doran Enterprises, added “ I always look forward to racing at Daytona. This year running the Doran Ford GT2 car with Brad Jaeger and Kody Swanson is going to be exciting. We believe that after a few laps, Kody will adapt to a totally different feel in a race car. We are confident, with the skills that Kody has shown in open wheel USAC cars, he will impress”.

Veteran IMSA and Indy Lights road racer Jaeger , has led laps in the Rolex 24 hrs of Daytona , is past champion in the Pacific Formula 2000 and had set track records at multiple tracks including Sebring.

The pair will drive the famous #2 Ford GT that will be prepared once again by Doran Enterprises located in Lebanon Ohio. Kevin Doran is well known and highly respected in the road racing community. He has engineered cars that have won at the Rolex 24 hrs of Daytona, 12 hours of Sebring and the Petite LeMans.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, luckybuc97, tirespinner
8/21/19, 4:15 PM   #3
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
This is great!
but must admit I was hoping that it was an Indy Lights ride in May
Good start

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, chrismattlin, tirespinner
8/21/19, 6:15 PM   #4
Re: Kody Swanson news
Gregg

Maybe not Indy Lights but a very good thing to put on the resume. I hope he does well.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/21/19, 6:45 PM   #5
Blackduce

This is all good news for Kody and all of us here. Hope the big bucks are coming to Kody.
Can we see him owning a sprint car team? For us to watch. Been done before.

Lynn

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kody Swanson news