IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Milwaukee Wisconsin Dirt Track Question.
7/8/19, 12:41 PM   #11
Re: Milwaukee Wisconsin Dirt Track Question.
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth87 View Post
Wisconsin still has plenty of good dirt tracks. And many that I would LOVE to see USAC visit (Although it most likely won't ever happen, unless I win the lottery). If anyone ever wants to look at some of these places on Google Earth, here are some good ones to check out that USAC has never been to:

141 Speedway - Francis Creek, WI
ABC Raceway - Ashland, WI
Rice Lake Speedway - Rice Lake, WI
Eagle Valley Speedway - Jim Falls, WI
Mississippi Thunder Speedway - Fountain City, WI
Eagle River Speedway - Eagle River, WI
TNT Speedway - Three Lakes, WI
Luxemburg Speedway - Luxemburg, WI (USAC midgets may have visited this place back in the 80s)
Outagamie County Fairgrounds - Seymour, WI
Spring Lake Speedway - Unity, WI
LaFayette County Speedway - Darlington, WI
St Croix Valley Speedway - St Croix Falls (May be perm closed unfortunately)
Shawano?

7/8/19, 1:12 PM   #12
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Plymouth is excellent!

7/8/19, 1:20 PM   #13
ISF

When discussing Wisconsin race tracks Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, WI has to be rated pretty high. CLR is one of the best and nicest dirt tracks we've ever attended. Annually CLR hosts 2 huge dirt late model events. I've only seen the dirt late models race the 2 big shows at CLS and they were exceptionally good and well run events. I've heard the open wheel cars put on a very good show there, as well.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
7/8/19, 2:31 PM   #14
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
When discussing Wisconsin race tracks Cedar Lake Speedway in New Richmond, WI has to be rated pretty high. CLR is one of the best and nicest dirt tracks we've ever attended. Annually CLR hosts 2 huge dirt late model events. I've only seen the dirt late models race the 2 big shows at CLS and they were exceptionally good and well run events. I've heard the open wheel cars put on a very good show there, as well.
USAC national sprint cars visited here a few years ago. Track was a little narrow, but over all a pretty good show. Cedar Lake used to be the number one track on my list of tracks I wished USAC would go in Wisconsin

1 member likes this post: ISF
7/8/19, 2:42 PM   #15
TQ29m

Wonder why most of their tracks have a water related name?

7/8/19, 2:54 PM   #16
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Wonder why most of their tracks have a water related name?
The tracks named for bodies of water are located in rural areas, so they’re named for nearby geographic features or highways. Tracks that are “in town” or close to a city tend to be named for the city. Nearly all of the tracks in Illinois are located within the city limits at a county fairgrounds. Indiana has many that are near the edge of cities and only a few in rural areas or at a county fairgrounds. Wisconsin seems to have many that are in rural areas. No fair boards or city curfews to deal with, and fewer neighbors to complain about the noise.

7/8/19, 4:18 PM   #17
dirtball

A Menard's is now in it's place. Sad

7/8/19, 5:30 PM   #18
TQ29m

And all this time I thought it was because it's the land of a thousand lakes! Seriously, it is beautiful there, get off the main highways and they're really everywhere, we got to know a lot of people there, and really got to see things that not everyone is privy to.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Milwaukee Wisconsin Dirt Track Question.